Non garden tomatoes

gjcoreNovember 18, 2010

Sadly I've run out of garden tomatoes. These things they sell at the supermarket are rarely any good. :-(

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Skybird - z5, Denver, Colorado

I think you're talking about store bought "Pink Stuff," aren't you? That's what I call them! Yuk! I've NEVER found a tasty "full size" store bought tomato! Opt for the cherry tomatoes. They're not as good as home grown, but at least they do have SOME flavor. I can't remember the brand name right now, but the ones that come in the little mesh bag are usually fairly decent. And they often go on sale--BOGO.

Beyond that, you'll have a LOT of company DREAMING about spring! I still have a few of my Kellogg's Breakfast in the garage--and a few cherries.

Planning for next year,
Skybird

Bookmark   November 18, 2010 at 11:18PM
colokid(5)

A couple. many, years ago I got a store tomato that wasn't too bad. I think it was grown at the Plattvile power plant I have saved seed and am up to F6 now. When I bought it IT SMELLED LIKE A TOMATO. Since that time I have smelled tomatoes at the stores and have never smelled a good one since.
KennyP

Bookmark   November 19, 2010 at 9:17AM
dan_staley(5b/SS 2b AHS 6-7)

I still have a couple left. But when I run out I'll get the cherry or grape tomatoes at Sprouts.

Dan

Bookmark   November 19, 2010 at 10:41AM
More Discussions
I Think I'd Have Trouble in Denver
... or most anywhere in Colorado! Such high elevations....
digit
roof ice damming in Denver area?
I know this isn't garden related, but was wondering...
mstywoods
The opening bell has rung
bell peppers? No, not this year, but several hot's! We've...
ZachS. z5 Littleton, CO
Dig your own water well?
Fort Collins City government's idea of water conservation...
ion_source_guy
Spring Swap
Hi All, as discussed at the last spring swap, my sisters...
gjmancini
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™