Purple Pavement

Krista_5NYJune 8, 2011

This first pic shows Purple Pavement in the background. It does not get all day sun here....

It's not a great pic, kind of far away.... but it gives an idea of the growh habit.

This second pic is a close up view of the Antique roses in the foreground, the Bourbon Louise Odier on the left, and the Damask Perpetual Mme Souveton.

Purple Pavement has remained compact in my garden setting, doesn't sucker much. It might be grafted, not sure if it's grafted or own root, I bought it at a local nursery.

I like the dark vibrant color of it.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
serenasyh(was 5/now Z 8-Kans)

oh, my goodness, Krista! The combination is gorgeous! The pink of Louise Odier and Purple Pavement. Oh, that is such a dream combination!!!! Beautiful, absolutely beautiful!!!!

wow, you've had much better luck with it not suckering. The people in England say that it is the only drawback they can think of is the suckering. They say Belle Poitevine suckers less...

Bookmark   June 8, 2011 at 9:07PM
jim1961 Zone 6a Central Pa.

Great lookin rose blooms/bushes there Krista!

Bookmark   June 9, 2011 at 2:14PM
organicgardendreams(z 10)

Krista, I also like the color and rose flower combination of Purple Pavement, Louise Odier, and Mme. Souvton a lot. Wouldn't have thought that a rugosa would go so well with a bourbon and a damask perpetual. When I see your photo I am thinking about my Purple Pavement, which I just recently gave away, because it hated my alkaline soil and water. Too bad, but it wasn't meant to grow in my garden. The more I enjoy seeing yours :-)!

Thanks for posting!

Christina

Here is a link that might be useful: Organic Garden Dreams

Bookmark   June 9, 2011 at 3:57PM
canadian_rose(zone 3a)

Yeah, that is really great!!! All of those roses benefit from being together. None of them would be as lovely without the other. Great job in making that combo. Sigh - so lovely!!

Carol

Bookmark   June 9, 2011 at 7:13PM
katefisher(Z7_NorthernCA)

Very pretty indeed. I have been trying to find a place for Purple Pavement in my yard for some time now. Yours isn't all sprawly like some, nice form. Thanks for sharing those.

Kate

Bookmark   June 11, 2011 at 7:25AM
More Discussions
A girl and her roses!! Lol
A bunch of roses I cut this morning!! Enjoy!!
Prettypetals_GA_7-8
The beautiful Distant Drums...
Planted Distant drums bareroots from Edmunds this spring....
pappu
Randy Scott (A Great White HT)
This beautiful white HT came out in 2008 and we got...
ron_and_susan
Broceliande bloom!
Brocielande blooming indoors last March before I got...
nummykitchen
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™