This forum some years ago

robinmi_gwFebruary 4, 2014

Rather bored this afternoon, spent a couple of hours browsing this forum for the years 2005-2007. What a revelation! So much forgotten info, and so much advice. (Cannot believe some of the rubbish that I wrote at times, when a newbie! )

Does anyone else browse like this? Many regular contributors from then are no longer contributing....rather sad....or perhaps all questions have been answered? For me, I am constantly discovering new Salvias...though, these days, most are hybrids....some of which are superb.

Robin.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kermitc

Hey, Robin. If you have extra time you can always come here and work. (smile)

Bookmark   February 5, 2014 at 11:30AM
annette68_gw

It seemed a lot more active back in the day....it is a good reference though...

Cheers Annette

Bookmark   February 5, 2014 at 11:26PM
gardenper(8)

I haven't browsed that way but when I do searches for a particular plant, the search results may show threads from many years ago. Still good info as you said, but just had to refrain from making any posts there, even to say a generic thanks, in case people frowned on bringing up old posts.

Bookmark   April 21, 2014 at 7:29PM
rich_dufresne(z7 NC)

That's not just a trend on thus forum. All others on salvias that I know of have also faded. Where is the traffic going? Blogs, maybe? Or perhaps other social media.

Bookmark   April 22, 2014 at 2:34PM
CA Kate

Because of new living situation, I no longer have the gardens - and Salvias - that I use to have. Now I do more reading and less posting. I still love my few Salvias that I brought with us. A white with dark pink lips S. cocinnea is still thriving after 3 years. And the pot with what I thought was S. officinalis is actually a thriving S. Bees Bliss spilling out of its now broken pot. Perhaps I'll be able to squeeze in a few more as time goes on.

Bookmark   April 22, 2014 at 11:43PM
dbarron(z7_Arkansas)

Hey Rich, it's not just Salvia, it's general. I think either people are too busy to come here or other forums, or they all think they can get all their info on facebook.

Bookmark   April 24, 2014 at 7:36AM
wardda

Robin reminded me of this form at another site. I kind of lost track of things here after a long period that didn't seem to have much activity. If I recall correctly that period between 2005 -07 was very exciting for a lot us. We knew little and hung on the comments and advice of more sage members. Any personal success I have had with these plants is directly attributable to what I learned here.

Bookmark   April 24, 2014 at 9:16AM
CA Kate

One comment on the Forums in general - although not here: many seem to be taken over by two kinds of posters, either Bossy-boots or Poor-mes. I've gotten quite tired of both.

Bookmark   April 24, 2014 at 9:06PM
helena_z8_ms

Robin, I did the same thing last week. Always getting tempted though in getting new salvias and now the book you recommended. I do have a few salvia seedlings started too.

Bookmark   April 26, 2014 at 11:55AM
More Discussions
dormancy issue question on my salvia reptans?
All of my different salvia's are coming back now except...
loganlady
salvia discolor
I have been able to overwinter my salvia discolor in...
duane456
Salvia X Trident Questions
How should I treat this one. Like a hot desert Salvia....
wantonamara Z8 CenTex
Help with ID, please
Reposted from Name that Plant Forum I planted this,...
salviabelle
Sponsored Products
Dogit Style Bowl - 73721
$15.99 | Hayneedle
AICO Furniture - Palais Royale Fabric Wood Chair - 71834-RDBLK-35
Great Furniture Deal
Glamour Chair - NAVY
$1,199.00 | Horchow
Liberty Creek Collection Leather Bergere Chair - RED
$3,899.00 | Horchow
Armen Living Cancun Micro Fiber Double Tray Ottoman - LC6019BEMFBL
$238.82 | Hayneedle