Prayers for the families of the 12 miners

cassiet(6/WV)January 4, 2006

Hey gang!!!

I'm a born and bred WVirginian. Today many families need your prayers. Please keep the families of the 12 miners lost in the mine explosion in your prayers. As many people know those of us who live in states which have a big mining industry even if you do not personally knows the people who are lost in mine disasters we know SOMEONE who works in the mine and such loss touches us all. Last night I stayed up until 5am watching the events as they unfolded and sharing in the sorrow of such devastation in the loss of life

Cassie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sassyd(z8/SC)

Cassie, you're soooo right! My heart just hurts for these families~~~~and they are surely in my thoughts and prayers!

Diane

Bookmark   January 4, 2006 at 5:56PM
sandysgardens

Cassie

The miners families have also been in my thoughs and prayers today. The company I work for here in MN has a large facility in WV, and a few employees have ties to some of the miners in the area touched by the tragedy.

Bookmark   January 4, 2006 at 8:22PM
drippy(7bAL)

We are very remote from the mining industry here; nonetheless, our hearts broke as we watched this terrible disaster. What a horrible death, and a horrible shock for the families. May God be with them as they try to piece their lives back together.

Bookmark   January 4, 2006 at 9:32PM
debbie_sw_ok(z7 OK)

Cassie,
My thoughts & prayers are with all who were touched by this tragedy.

My sister lives in W.V. & some of her in-laws work in the mines. They are heartbroken right now.

Bookmark   January 4, 2006 at 9:41PM
mareas(OR Zone 8)

I join with you in sorrow and prayer for peace for the ones left behind by those 13 men.

Bookmark   January 5, 2006 at 2:14AM
sissy1(5 IN)

My heart and prayers go out to the families and friends left behind. It is a terrible tragedy and I hope with all the prayers going around for these families it will give them all strength to make it through their hardships ahead. Me and my family will pray for them.

Bookmark   January 5, 2006 at 4:39PM
More Discussions
OBF Swap Hosting list for 2015
(copied over from brittneysgran/Shirley's post) Please...
ruthz
WiLlY NiLlY AnYtHiNg GoEs SuPrIsE SwAp
Welcome to the 2nd annual willy nilly anything goes...
sunsetfarm
Garden Web messaging is back without having to follow one another!
Below I'm copying phylis's post from The Seed Exchange. Go...
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
NEW: My Love Is Like A Valentine's Day Seed Swap
We all survived Christmas, but now it's time to get...
EricaBraun
OBF March Spring A Ding Ding
Our Blooming Friends Friendship Swap Group [0BF] was...
EricaBraun
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™