Free Saneivieria

shear_stupidity(9B)January 29, 2013

Come get some or all, you dig. Or if you have something to trade, and are local, I will dig it up and meet you!

Some of these are 5' tall, but they've flopped over...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL

They're flowering! Hope you can get your nose in there to smell them!

Bookmark   January 29, 2013 at 2:59PM
shear_stupidity(9B)

They're CONSTANTLY flowering. And they're sorta under a grapefruit tree that's flowering right now, too. Smells delicious in that little-visited corner.

Bookmark   January 29, 2013 at 3:01PM
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL

LOL! The grass is always greener... Us poor saps in colder places rarely get to see/smell one.

So they're not in full sun and have mulched themselves with tons of leaves? Interesting!

Bookmark   January 29, 2013 at 3:12PM
shear_stupidity(9B)

They're kinda a funny little story. I begged a friend five years ago for some of her Mother-In-Law-Tongue. She gave me about five leaves that were about 12-24" tall. Since it wasn't enough for what I wanted to do with them, I left them in the bucket of water she brought them over in and put them on the side of the house to deal with later. They were in mostly shade.
Two years later, I got around to it. LOL! I had to cut the pot to get them out, and they'd warped the bucket BADLY. There were so MANY of them! I spread them out a bit and plopped them in full sun. I mean sun-up-to-sun-down hot Florida sun! They lived there for a year, but I wanted to put something else in that location. So I dug them up and put them in a new location in almost total shade. After another year, I decided that they're so dark, and the shade is so dark, you can't really see them there, so I dug them up and put them back in full sun in a new location. They stayed there for six months, then I dug them up again and put them in this corner Where they get about an hour or so of sun per day. The leaves have fallen from my Laurel Oaks on the other side of the gate. Ironically, the leaves have only been falling for about two weeks now, so they were no help when we had those three light frosts this past winter.
I have never watered them, not even during hot dry spells... and not even when they lived in an empty bucket. I've never fed them. And twice when they were in the sun, I've mowed them down to the ground. So that's all my Sansevieria-growing-"tips." LOL!

Bookmark   January 29, 2013 at 3:26PM
More Discussions
new sans
Along with the orchid cactus I picked up this little...
bkempress
Hahnii Silver Marginated - rot
I bought Sans. Hahnii Silver Marginated Jan 31, and...
lme5573
My list of Sansevieria
List of my Sansevieria;Sansevieria trifasciata Small...
Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6
HELP!!! My snake plant is dying
Hi I have a big problem with my snake plants. Please...
mrjoss
What's wrong with my snake plant?
I've been excited to have a snake plant for a while...
Galleriagirl11
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™