Finally did it.

Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6January 2, 2013

Well I did it. I sent for Juan Chahinian's book 'The Sansevieria Trifasciata Varieties' on Amaxon.com for only $59.95 plus tax and shipping. Used 'Good' and was purchased new for only $19.95. What a deal. Last time I checked there were none under $200. That was just too high. Can't wait for it to come.
Stush

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
woodnative(6)

Awesome Stush! That is certainly well known as "the Bible" of trifasciatas! Enjoy!!

Bookmark   January 2, 2013 at 1:24PM
pirate_girl(Zone7 NYC)

Well Stush good for you.

I'll be curious to hear what you think. I have never seen it, just heard of it. But got a lot out of reading Hermine Stover's book on Sans, have you read that?

Bookmark   January 2, 2013 at 11:13PM
bonsaigai(NY Zone 6)

What a great find! Hurray! It really looks like and interesting book. Stush, Hermine's book is epic. If you don't have it, it's available on line for free. She's also mentioned that she's getting the second edition together. I can't wait!

Michael
NYZ 6

Bookmark   January 3, 2013 at 7:47AM
Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6

Yes I have Hermine Stover's book and thanked her on this forum for doing so. How nice of her to offer it for free. I am excited to hear she is doing an update on this. Can't wait. It was the first Sans book I got and read. I enjoyed it tremendously.
Stush

Bookmark   January 3, 2013 at 12:05PM
Michaela(z6+ TN)

Hey buddy! You think you are addicted now, wait until you get the book! You'll want 'em all! Hahaha!

Bookmark   January 3, 2013 at 1:54PM

Got free shipping that means it will come next month or so.

Bookmark   January 4, 2013 at 12:54PM
barbmock

Hey Stush, Maybe you better build a greenhouse in your backyard, to make room for all your new trifs. I'm glad you got the book. Enjoy it!

Bookmark   January 4, 2013 at 9:12PM
norma_2006

I hope I can influence all of you to buy a book and down load Hermine Stover generous give away. Those are the first two books that I started with. I now have at least 250 different species. I have one that I still haven't figured out what it is. Norma

Bookmark   January 7, 2013 at 3:58AM
lme5573

Thank you, Norma, for mentioning Hermine Stover's free download. I googled and downloaded it this morning. Can you recommend any other sans books that aren't as rare as Chahinian's? (meaning not as expensive)
Thanks, Lennie

Bookmark   January 7, 2013 at 10:42AM
pirate_girl(Zone7 NYC)

Hiya Norma,

What's pls. is the other book you feel we should buy (other than download Hermine's). Do you mean Chahinian's book or something else? Did I misunderstand?

Hi Stush,

I too thanked Hermine here, publicly for her generosity & kindness in making her book a free download; I learned a great deal from her.

Bookmark   January 7, 2013 at 1:36PM

How many Sansevieria 'Ash Trays' do you have?

Just got the book in the mail today. Starting to read it now.
Stush

Bookmark   January 7, 2013 at 7:29PM
Solar_Storm(24 CA)

I can't remember how long its been since I've visited or posted here, but I'm still passionate about Sans. I was trying to find Hermine's website, but it seems to have disappeared. Never-the-less I still have her book as a computer file and will send it to anyone who wants it. I will say it's old (1982) and much is obsolete. My advice is to join the ISS and start getting Alan Butler's Journals which not only have current sans articles but gorgeous color photos. Juan's book on the Trifasciata varieties is still the best reference. I wish his latest book, :The Splendid Sansevieria" was a better reference source.

Bookmark   June 24, 2013 at 12:07PM
norma_2006

His latest one is good the measurments are not accurate. English is not his native language. He now has horrible eye sight I don't know if he can see well enough to write again. and the people that critized his last book have never written a book before, who are they to critize, the pictures are good and the information is good so quite complaining. I find the people who complained know nothing, they should write a book, that is the reason I didn't write the Crassula book. I know I don't know everything there was to know, It's a good idea to leave out what you don't know and have some one else to clitique?and proof read it. don't be cheap when you are writing a book to be published.I didn't not check this for spelling or anything else it after midnight and I dio want to go to bed right now. Good Night all, Norma Lewis

Bookmark   July 10, 2013 at 4:26AM

To all, Juan's book 'The Splendid Sansevieria' can now be downloaded free. Link below;
http://bookos.org/s/?q=sansevieria&e=1&t=0
I still would love the hard cover instead. This book never went way out of price range. Saw it for $35 but shipping was $11, so I passed on it.
Stush

Bookmark   July 11, 2013 at 11:26AM
Solar_Storm(24 CA)

I must brag. I have signed copies of both of Juan's books. I obtained the Trifasciata book in 2004 by emailing Juan and asking if he had any copies left. I forget when I bought "Splendid" but it was published in 2005 and I bought it from Juan directly. I don't think it was ever published with a "hard" cover.

Bookmark   July 11, 2013 at 11:46AM
norma_2006

Great I love the book. Norma

Bookmark   July 14, 2013 at 7:03PM
More Discussions
new snake plant- total beginner in need of tips!
Hi everyone, So glad I found this forum. I've been...
k8lizzy
Help
What's wrong with my sansevieria? Can I do anything...
savana3
Sansevieria Whitney? at Ikea
My husband and I were at the South Philadelphia, PA...
akrrm
Sansevieria from seed
Does anyone know a good method to sprout Sansevieria...
foxwichya
My list of Sansevieria
List of my Sansevieria;Sansevieria trifasciata Small...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™