My Seedlings

hummersteveMarch 29, 2007

Becky

Mine arent as big as yours, but you did start early. I have two flats full, but here are a few of my bigger and better ones.

Here is a link that might be useful: salvia seedlings

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rich_dufresne(z7 NC)

Those seedlings look quite healthy. Keep up the good work.

Bookmark   March 29, 2007 at 10:17PM
hummersteve

Thanks Rich---Its going to be hard come decision time which ones I keep or not. I do have a space problem where I live.

Bookmark   March 29, 2007 at 11:20PM
penny1947(z6 WNY)

Steve,
Well done my friend! Your seedlings look great. Hey we all oversow and then wonder where to put them. Give your extras to friends or plant them in a woodland park or take some to an elderly neighbor and plant them in his or her yard.

Penny

Bookmark   March 30, 2007 at 5:26AM
wardda

Right you are Penny, many of my best plants came over the fence. These are very good wildlife plants and should be shared.

Bookmark   March 30, 2007 at 8:59AM
hummersteve

Thanks Guys

Im proud of what ive accomplished so far and a lot of these will be kept , noticed walmart has a bunch of new pots in all sizes. Also some will be given away to those who want them. I plan to pot extras especially the coccinia and stick them just anywhere. I will be waiting for the B&B to come in and that will complete my collection.

Penny--many thanks for all the seeds and help, the coccinea and subrotunda seem very robust.

Bookmark   March 30, 2007 at 12:11PM
penny1947(z6 WNY)

They are very robust and will give you lots of beautiful blooms.

Penny

Bookmark   March 30, 2007 at 12:15PM
hummersteve

I was just looking at my winter sowed pots and in one pot where I had B&B seeds it looks like a couple are trying to root I swear it looked like a couple spots of tiny green. Whenever this happened inside they would seem to germinate and you could see the green and then they would just not complete and fade out. I dont why that is and what I should have done differently for those to completely sprout and grow. I gave them a shot of chamomile tea water. They other pots are subrotunda and shades of orange of which there are many sprouts in each of those pots. The pot of subrotunda has maybe 15-20 sprouts that have leaves but not true leaves.

Bookmark   March 30, 2007 at 1:22PM
More Discussions
Can I winter sow Salvia 'Clary Mix'? Or do I need a greenhouse?
I have salvia 'Clary Mix'? Does anyone have experience...
ladyrose65
Botanical name for a Salvia?
I have a Salvia coccinea "Molly Ivens". I...
wantonamara Z8 CenTex
Salvia ID
I can't remember which salvia this is. I planted "maraschino...
rubyhum
dormancy issue question on my salvia reptans?
All of my different salvia's are coming back now except...
loganlady
Stachys albotomentosa
Slightly off topic, but could use advice from the pros...Does...
seedmoney
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™