Knockout roses

eileenie(8b)July 22, 2006

The leaves on my knockout roses are turning yellow with some green spots. They are still blooming. Has anyone else had this problem? Do they just need more water? Our irrigation system isn't the best and some things still need to be watered by hand.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
beth_florida

I have had the same problem. It is a disease and you want to remove those leaves from the rose and those that have fallen. I use homemade mixes for mine, if you are interested, drop me a line and I will forward them to you.

Bookmark   July 23, 2006 at 9:14AM
PRO
Nell Jean

I'm not glad that you're having problems with Knockout, but I am happy to know I'm not the only one for whom Knockout is NOT better than any other floribunda yet developed.

Nell

Bookmark   July 24, 2006 at 9:32AM
eileenie(8b)

Yes I would be interested and also what I am doing that's causing this?

Bookmark   July 24, 2006 at 1:46PM
robbi01_alltel_net

The leaves on my knockouts are also turning yellow and falling off. Still blooming profusely, getting plenty of rain/water, and the whole bush looks pale and thinned out; not as full and green. Do they need fertilizer, cutting back or what?

Bookmark   September 4, 2006 at 10:15AM
eileenie(8b)

I have been told by the man who fertilizes our lawn that the knockouts need sulfur???? He is going to look at them when he comes by in the next day or two. I don't know if this helps any, but he does have a degree in agronomy.....

Bookmark   September 14, 2006 at 12:43PM
eileenie(8b)

Beth florida
I am still interested in your home made mixes for my knockout roses. Some here in southeast Georgia have lots of blooms and others have stopped blooming completely. Mine of course have no blooms. They have greened up some, but as soon as it warms up the leaves start turning yellow again. I think it is relative to the amount of sun they are getting or being planted in beds next to crepe myrtles.

Bookmark   January 8, 2007 at 12:19PM
savannahsak

I planted a row of Knockout Roses two years ago and they've been a huge disappointment. They're fine when small and pruned back but as they grow they become thin, wirey and just ugly. Any advice?

Bookmark   July 7, 2007 at 10:31AM
More Discussions
what plants to take with when moving
We are moving to the beach. What plants might I successfully...
Tricia
watermelon
this is the first time i have ever grown watermelons....
rsa52
Help with plants to soak up water please!
We just bought and house and have had nothing but problems...
good9258
Mud Or Clay
I am new to the forum and nature. I would like to know...
potterm
Where are you? NC
I found a very old thread with this subject and being...
mynxr
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™