pot size

tootswisc(z4/5Wi)March 30, 2008

I have been surfing around looking at sansevieria's while waiting for Wisconsin snow to melt. I've always kept my sans underpotted as I've always read they prefer to be pot bound. But looking at fabulous collections I frequently see one or two shoots in larger pots. I would love to see my houseplant sans grow to be several feet tall with thick wide leaves. Do you cut away the pups and keep potting up to encourage that type of growth...like this one

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/184900/

I hope it is not illegal to post that link

Thanks! Diane

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nadine_1944

are there other sources of nice sansevierias besides grigsby, bob smoley, glasshouse and the ebay here in the US? i want to add to my small collection but i like sansevierias with wide thick and rather short leaves. i saw a photo of tanzania blue and since then i've been dreaming to have one.

Bookmark   April 1, 2008 at 11:02AM
pirate_girl(Zone7 NYC)

Nadine,

Pls. re-post this question as a separate thread, as it's a completely different topic. FYI, as generally that's how it's done.

Hiya Toots,

I'm keeping up w/ this thread at Houseplants, will likly post a response there as it's the more active thread. Just before I do, keep an eye out for responses by Norma (aka Dufflebag), she's very knowledgeable abt Sans. & quick to share her knowledge of them & has taught me a lot.

Bookmark   April 4, 2008 at 10:38PM
dufflebag2002(Calif. 91607)

Karen you are doing so well, I can kiss you, I have seen tremendous imporvement on your knowledge sinoe you gave your program, I'm downright proud of you. You know how careful I am when I respond. I hate starting new threads, so I'm guilty as well, I don't mean to steal a tread, and didn't understand what I was doing wrong. Because it's an open forum I thought it was okay. So now am I going to be scolded as well. LOL Norma

Bookmark   April 7, 2008 at 1:15AM
More Discussions
My list of Sansevieria
List of my Sansevieria;Sansevieria trifasciata Small...
Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6
Please help, sentimental little plant dying (maybe?)
I have a relentless black thumb and was given a snake...
clow936
Sansevieria Whitney? at Ikea
My husband and I were at the South Philadelphia, PA...
akrrm
Does anyone know what cultivar this is?
Got this for 5 bucks at walmart. Its about 12inches...
tlbean2004
HELP!!! My snake plant is dying
Hi I have a big problem with my snake plants. Please...
mrjoss
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™