Landscaping with seashells etc. ideas.........

flowersandthings(MidAtlantic 6/7)August 31, 2004

I'm sure someon'es already thought of this but I love the idea of using natural sea or I guess sort of natural...... (...... like seaglass)...... items in the garden...... especially the coastal garden...... using premade pots or homade I suppose and adding patterns of seashells by attaching seashells or sea glass of course...... to the outside of the pot...... also adding shells and seaglass to stepping stones or making stepping stones in the shape of shell...... If shells are big enough I also like using them as planters or at least make plants...... short ones of course most likely spill out from them onto the ground....... It's nice to scatter shells through the garden...... :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dancingdachshunds(8b SC)

We had these things left-over from building our house....metal rods maybe 12" long that are used to hold insulation in place in the attic. Anyway, I stuck a couple of these into the ground and added smallish conch shells on the top. They look great! Like flowers, only they are shells. Can you picture it? It makes me think of an illustration in a nursery rhyme book for ..."Mary, mary, quite contrary; How does your garden grow? With silver bells and cockle shells and pretty maids all in a row." Guerry

Bookmark   September 15, 2004 at 9:36PM
More Discussions
Agapanthus problems
My Peter Pan agapanthus leaves are unusually limp and...
spanishmosslady
Pensacola info needed???
Someone who lives in Pensacola. I will be visiting...
Brandi_AL
Mud Or Clay
I am new to the forum and nature. I would like to know...
potterm
pruning 5 yr old live oak
I don't think it's ever been pruned but I don't know...
matoad_gw
Where are you? NC
I found a very old thread with this subject and being...
mynxr
Sponsored Products
Alpine Girl Jumping Over Boy Garden Statue - GXT260
$179.98 | Hayneedle
American Fyre Designs Arch Stone Firewall - 092-CB-12-V4PC-NAT
Hayneedle
Garden Gals Frog Garden Statue Set
$59.99 | zulily
Outdoor Lighting. LV44VRD Landscape Lighting Well Light Low Voltage (12V) Die Ca
$72.97 | Home Depot
Outdoor Lighting. Wunder Light Deck Mount Outdoor Black Plastic LED Solar Lights
$49.95 | Home Depot
17.5'' x 14.5'' Blue Imagination Play Blanket
$39.99 | zulily
Louver Horizontal LED Step Light
$63.90 | PLFixtures
MR16 Well Light by Hinkley Lighting
$72.22 | Lumens
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™