Pineapple sage leaves turning yellow

hbwright(z7bSC)May 10, 2005

I have three plants, two planted in one location and one in another. The two together are doing great and growing nicely, the other seems to ge growing okay but the underleaves are turning yellow. I don't think this is a case of the older leaves yellowing to allow for new growth as in some plants. My soil is slightly acedic which I know they prefer alkaline so I'm wondering if I should add lime. Funny thing is that everything else I plant besides my salvias like acedic to slightly acedic soil. My pH is 6.6 in most sites so I usually add acedifying materials to my acid loving plants but have not amended for my Sages.

Any other ideas as to why this might be or should I stick with my suspicions?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
CA Kate

Could your one plant be in a different microclimate and getting colder than the other two? It's been unusually cool in CA for this time of year.

Bookmark   May 10, 2005 at 12:08PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rivers1202(Z8a South Carolina)

The same thing is happeningn to my pineapple sage. I moved it, but I'm still having the problem. It is putting out new leaves and growing fine - just the bottom leaves turn yellow and fall off. My soil is acid and I haven't amended for the pineapple sage...maybe I'll add some lime around it today and see if that helps.

Bookmark   May 12, 2005 at 9:17AM
More Discussions
dormancy issue question on my salvia reptans?
All of my different salvia's are coming back now except...
loganlady
Salvia Madrensis dormancy
I purchased two gallon pots at a plant sale this fall,...
fairfield8619
Help with ID, please
Reposted from Name that Plant Forum I planted this,...
salviabelle
Salvia X Trident Questions
How should I treat this one. Like a hot desert Salvia....
wantonamara Z8 CenTex
Salvia ID
I can't remember which salvia this is. I planted "maraschino...
rubyhum
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™