Some of Celestes enabling...

silverkelt(Z5b/Southern Maine)July 19, 2009

I havent posted many pics this year, as everything is soo young in my new home, plus ive been playing around with a blog... But two roses I purchased due to celestes posts this past year was Rosa Prairie Joy and Rosa Vicks Caprice. So I had to post a couple of pics for them =).

Prairie Joy, I little dissapointed in the graft I recieved from pickering, very very small, the smallest they have ever sent me, even with the two dollar drop in price, they probable shouldnt have sent this, its going to take a couple of years to get up to snuff..., but the rose is still very lovely.

Vicks Caprice, lovely! Thanks Celeste for letting us know about this hardy beauty!

Bush shot, with some top deer damage =).

Keep those enabling shots coming celeste, they do work =).

Silverkelt

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jim1961 Zone 6a Central Pa.

I think pics with water droplets on the rose like your first pic is awesome. Great pics!

Bookmark   July 19, 2009 at 9:09PM
ingrid_vc(Z10 SoCal)

Vick's Caprice is really beautiful. The stripes are so subtle, they don't scream at you like in some modern roses. Both roses are lovely.

Ingrid

Bookmark   July 19, 2009 at 9:28PM
celeste(zone 4 NH)

I always love it when I learn that someone was paying attention to my posts and wicked enabling!

I got some wimpy bareroots this year from Pickering too, which is not typical of them. But not
to worry, Prairie Joy is going to catch up and in no time
will be a big, blooming machine. You will be amazed at how hardy it is come next spring. This is what you have
to look forward to....

Celeste

Bookmark   July 19, 2009 at 11:35PM
gnabonnand(Zone 8 Texas)

'Vick's Caprice' is a beauty of a rose, I really like mine. Great form, frequent bloom, nice fragrance, and not many thorns.
Your pics look great.

Randy

Bookmark   July 20, 2009 at 11:33PM
More Discussions
Roses that need support--ideas
I had some leftover pieces of materials that we are...
kathy9norcal
Austins In Africa
Some David Austins at the Southern tip of Africa :-) Emmanuel Generous...
liezelgil
A Test
I didn't know I could post pictures from my screen...
sara_ann-z6bok
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™