Canyon Creek Nursery

Limy(9Ca)May 3, 2010

I was just up in Orovillle California this past weekend and decided to take a look at Canyon Creek for Salvia's. I think Rich Dufresne mentioned this place on one of his posts. It was so disappointing to get there and find the place like a derelict ghost town. The greenhouses and grounds were in total disarray . Anyone know what happened ?.

John Rose

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wcgypsy(10 / Sunset 23)

I hope they haven't gone under, that would be a real shame. I would not be surprised, though. Many nurseries have shut down and it has a ripple effect like anything else...the guy who delivers our propane mentioned that it has affected them, nurseries no longer heating their greenhouses and thus the propane company has laid off people too. I see one large wholesale nursery close to us that is still producing and adding to their fields of 5 gallon plants, but the plants have been sitting there for along time, getting very shabby. No buyers....

Bookmark   May 4, 2010 at 10:40AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jonopp

If anyone wants to buy Western Hills near Occidental, I heard it was bank-owned and disintegrating. Very sad. What a tremendous garden they had!

Bookmark   May 9, 2010 at 2:18PM
More Discussions
Botanical name for a Salvia?
I have a Salvia coccinea "Molly Ivens". I...
wantonamara Z8 CenTex
Identity crisis ...
This very tall salvia (like 10 feet or so) has very...
johnburtonstutz
Will Salvia apiana White Sage grow in Pennsylvania
I am interested in trying to grow a Sage that I saw...
grandprix1
Salvia Madrensis dormancy
I purchased two gallon pots at a plant sale this fall,...
fairfield8619
I need plants ofb Salvia Apiana.
I left my place in California and have had no luck...
Designed Excellence
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™