Adding to my garden

hummersteveMay 30, 2007

Went to my nearest nursery and wound up getting some things I hadnt planned on but they were out some others but I got these:

delphenium orange larkspur

greggi skylights magenta

greggi skylights primrose

honeysuckle dropmore scarlet

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
helena_z8_ms

HummerSteve, sure wish I could grow the orange delphinum here but salvia greggii do real good for me as the honeysuckle too. Love growing salvias for my hummers.
Helena

Bookmark   June 18, 2007 at 7:22PM
hummersteve

Helena---I have a hummer garden full of salvias and now that some are blooming it is satisfying. On the delphenium that I mentioned I have not seen the hummers use it , doesnt mean they havent, I really put it in for the change in color, but it may be on the way out for next year. Im really happy with the black and blues and the greggi which are used often here. Im also very happy with my lady in red which just might be the strongest and fullest plant I have.

Bookmark   June 24, 2007 at 11:56AM
penelope(Z6 KY)

Hummersteve,
If you decide to ship out the orange larkspur I know a garden not too far from Indy that it would look great in. My BF Garden has all colors - Orange seems to be my new fav. I have Honeysuckle 'Gold Flame' topping it all off. My Coral Nymph salvia looks good there too!

Penny

Bookmark   June 29, 2007 at 12:41PM
More Discussions
how to pollinate Salvia wagneriana
Hi, Received this as a cutting and it has mushroomed...
seedmoney
Help with identity
This large (10 feet or so) salvia has very dark flower...
johnburtonstutz
How to prune Pineapple sage for winter
My Pineapple sage in pot is at the end of its blooming,...
Gofrsz
Will Salvia apiana White Sage grow in Pennsylvania
I am interested in trying to grow a Sage that I saw...
grandprix1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™