Here's a new sans

barbmockJune 26, 2014

Here's a new plant I picked up on a trip to visit my sister. It came from Johnson's Garden Center in Wichita, Ks. It seems to be a very beefy futura with the typical Laurenti markings, plus a few Goldflames thrown in for good measure. I wonder if it's a hybrid. It has 8 plants in a 5 or 6 inch pot, so I'll be repotting right away. The nursery had a large greenhouse with lots of sun. Just what sans love.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
barbmock

Here it is in it's new pot.

Bookmark   June 26, 2014 at 2:02PM
Stush2049(Pitts., Pa. 6)

It differently got the 'Gold Flame' gene in it. May be some thing new. The standard 'Gold Flame' is as yours is in the background. Dark green w/ the gold flame coloring. It would be nice to see if this one will be larger growing? Oh and a big ByTheWay, Are they all the same plant or are there 3 or more planted together? If so, should have separated them to see what develops in the others. There is a S.t. futura (Superba) 'Kristi'. Which you may have one. Look it up.
Nice by the way.
Stush

Bookmark   June 26, 2014 at 2:33PM
barbmock

Hey Stush,
I'm not sure, but I think they are all coming from the large plant in the center. I just loosened the roots and potted up. There was hardly any soil left in the pot.
I had a nice surprise when I got home. There are bloom spikes on Ballyi and Sunrise. I will take pics when the bloom opens.
I wish I had a nice nursery close to me.

Bookmark   June 26, 2014 at 4:19PM
barbmock

Stush,
I looked up the Kristi, I think it is the one you were sharing last year. I think we were calling it 'Extra Stripes'. I will have to take a picture of mine, it is a pretty one.

Bookmark   June 26, 2014 at 6:18PM
Stush2049(Pitts., Pa. 6)

Barb,
Get a artist paint brush. Once your flowers open, cross pollenate from one flower stock to the other, Then repeat every day untill blooms are finished. Look for seed pods.
Stush

Bookmark   June 27, 2014 at 2:48PM
barbmock

Good idea, I would love to get some seeds.

Bookmark   June 27, 2014 at 3:04PM
More Discussions
plantnut2011
What's wrong with my snake plant?
I've been excited to have a snake plant for a while...
Galleriagirl11
root in water - not working....
re-potted my oldest Sans a few weeks ago, and kind...
djliquidice
snake plant in low light
anyone have any luck growing a snake plant in low light?...
jay83
Please ID my new Hahnii
I finally found a new Hahnii to bring home - I have...
lme5573
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™