Victoria Blue

agrowingpassion(7B)May 30, 2007

I realize Victoria is not considered a true salvia since it is an annual BUT I love the plant and bought 12 for the garden. All planted in groups of three and all 12 in totally different parts of the yard are dying. This is a real "no brainer" and I am a pretty knowledgable gardener but I can't understand what the problem is. Too little water, or too much water??? I really hate to loose these favorites. They add so much to the gardens summer color. Help!! I planted them about a month ago. Great soil and good drainage.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
youreit

Not sure how much water you're giving them, but they need a LOT, especially if it's been hot where you are.

Brenda

Bookmark   May 31, 2007 at 12:21PM
ramazz(8a VA)

Some of my Victoria Blue came back this year, some did not. They don't get a lot of water in my yard. I have drip hoses that I run every 4 days or so if it doesn't rain. Do they look like they are drying out? That should be a clue as to whether they need more water.

Becky

Bookmark   June 1, 2007 at 4:13PM
youreit

Sorry, anything that needs watering more than once a week in my yard during hot weather is a lot to me. I should have clarified that. :)

And I also wanted to say that I consider S. farinacea to be a "true" Salvia! Not sure about other people. LOL

Brenda

Bookmark   June 1, 2007 at 6:51PM
agrowingpassion(7B)

I'm sure its getting enough water. Just thought it may be too much water. I water every other day or every third day. Water bill was $125. for one month. My only vise, and althogh I have a small yard, I have a large garden area.

Bookmark   June 9, 2007 at 6:41PM
More Discussions
Salvia regla 'Mt. Emory' source?
I am looking for a source of Salvia regla "Mt....
wantonamara Z8 CenTex
Identification question
Hi, This is my first post here on Gardenweb. Here a...
homobotanica
Botanical name for a Salvia?
I have a Salvia coccinea "Molly Ivens". I...
wantonamara Z8 CenTex
Identity crisis ...
This very tall salvia (like 10 feet or so) has very...
johnburtonstutz
Help with identity
This large (10 feet or so) salvia has very dark flower...
johnburtonstutz
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™