The Color Of My Love

le_jardin_of_roses(zone 10)July 9, 2010

I look at DA's YL as a romantic rose, with a pretty fragrance. It's kind of pink, kind of burgundy, kind of a crimson, purple. It reminds me of Valentine's Day! It is the color of my love to me.

Juliet

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
boxofrox(z8 PNW)

Awesome shots, love those contrasts in the first one. You have a real gift when it comes to composition (always love the frames too :-) The color reminds me very much of DA's TDL and I agree it is very much a romantic rose !

Bookmark   July 9, 2010 at 2:27PM
serenasyh(was 5/now Z 8-Kans)

Juliet, I really like the bright beauty of the clusterings, Juliet! A very lovely cottage-garden effect!

Bookmark   July 9, 2010 at 3:44PM
ingrid_vc(Z10 SoCal)

Of all of Austin's offerings of the last few years, this one appeals to me the most. I find the shape and the color really breathtaking. I wonder how it holds up in the heat.

Do I detect a hint of romance in your post, if you don't mind my asking?

Ingrid

Bookmark   July 9, 2010 at 4:35PM
le_jardin_of_roses(zone 10)

Thank You Boxo, for your sweet words, that brought a smile to my face.

Serena, I love cottage gardens, so that is a big compliment to me and I thank you for saying that.

Ingrid, I agree that YL is probably, the most charismatic English Rose of the last few years. I like it very well, indeed.

And yes Ingrid, I was in a romantic state when I posted this. I had spent my Friday in the garden and I had just received a lovely post card with sweet words, that I happened to be reading while sitting next to Young Lycidas. It's color and fragrance remind me of Valentine's Day, so it all tied together. Things are delightful with my beau at the moment, but his preference for the beach, more than being in a rose garden, may be his undoing. :) Thanks for letting me share my feelings with you, Ingrid. You are an intuitive and insightful sweetheart!

Juliet

Bookmark   July 10, 2010 at 4:29PM
canadian_rose(zone 3a)

Wow!! That's wonderful!!! The first picture is truly stunning with the colors and how the rose stems are leading one's eyes across the picture. Wow!!

CArol

Bookmark   July 12, 2010 at 12:27AM
More Discussions
Roses "Q"
Not many in this one... QUAKER STAR QUEEN NEFERTITI QUEEN...
bethnorcal9
Pretty Peach Silk
I don't have many climbers or peachy/ orange roses...
kittymoonbeam
Summer roses in South Africa
So I thought that while some of you are still eagerly...
liezelgil
Reminiscing....
As the snow melts away and springtime draws ever closer.......
aprilscott12
Austins In Africa
Some David Austins at the Southern tip of Africa :-) Emmanuel Generous...
liezelgil
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™