S.t.Futura 'Kristi'

Michaela(z6+ TN)June 28, 2014

S. Futura 'Kristi' is a new and very hot plant. I found this picture of it on the internet. It is a reminder, maybe even an equivalent, to its full grown sister, 'Lillian True'. If any reader has a pup they could part with from a mother plant that looks as good as the one in this picture, maybe we can get together )). Hopefully, the big box stores will begin to carry it like they did with F. 'Gold Flame' and Futura 'Black Gold'.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
barbmock

I'll be on the lookout for a Kristi, if I find it, I will grab one for you.
When I was looking around the web for Kristi, I ran across another new one, Wintergreen. I think they have just applied for a patent. Described as having Bantels Sensation as a parent. I wasn't really impressed. Here's a pic. This from Charlie Cook.

Bookmark   June 29, 2014 at 2:06PM
Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6

Wintergreen, Looking so much like a plain trifasciata. So what was suposed to be the difference?
Mike,
I have what 'we called extra strips' which may or may not be Kristi is not near as beauitful as what you showed. It is just a little highter than the hahnii class. Maybe only 10 inches tallest.
If you want one of mine. It's ok.
Stush

Bookmark   June 29, 2014 at 2:42PM
Michaela(z6+ TN)

Stush, I never saw 'Wintergreen' in person, but from what I can see it is a full size trifasciata and all the leaves have alternating gray bands (some people call this 'blue'). I think this is a different look than the typical trifasciata, especially if the gray never morphs into another shade or color. Personally, I like it better than the typical old fashion species variety; it looks "cold".

I think the Futura you showed above is 'Gold Flame', Stush. G.F. has much more green tissue showing, and does not have the extra wide yellow margins that 'Kristi' has,

Thanks, Barb. If you guys see this 'Kristi', remember your old buddy here in the siberia of sansevieriadom. ))

Bookmark   June 29, 2014 at 5:11PM

Here is another 'Gold Flame' looking simular to Kristi. It is being sold in EBay. $10 not too bad but another $20 in shipping is. Here's the link;
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SANSEVIERIA-TRIFASCIATA-GOLDEN-FLAME-4-INCH-PLANT-9-95-/271419622674?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0amp;hash=item3f31dec512
Stush.
I'll keep on the look out here in PA.

Bookmark   June 29, 2014 at 5:38PM

After being given S.t. futura 'Asahi' and/or 'Morgenstern's Futura Aurea'. No Sans can compair. It is simply the best of the best. Thanks to the genious people here.

Bookmark   July 2, 2014 at 3:27PM

Another photo of same.

Bookmark   July 2, 2014 at 3:33PM
barbmock

Good growing Stush! I love that one too.

Bookmark   July 2, 2014 at 5:06PM
More Discussions
Stretch marks?
I just noticed these little, vertical, scratch-like...
kwie2011
Please help, sentimental little plant dying (maybe?)
I have a relentless black thumb and was given a snake...
clow936
Sans are monocarpic?
Very good question. 1. Monocarpic plants are those...
plantnut2011
Is my Whitney ok? What should I do?
On of the favorites in my modest collection, my new...
vivaria
Sponsored Products
Hudson Valley Lighting | Danville 5 Light Pendant
YLighting
Auburn Tigers Map Wall Sign
$31.99 | zulily
Ainsley modern accent chair
Interior Define
Powell Chair - Bentley Daisey Yellow
Joybird Furniture
Olga's Metal Laundry Basket with Wheels
$139.99 | Dot & Bo