Saving seeds from night-blooming jasmine

tracy77(4)March 1, 2007

My night-blooming jasmine has grown white berries. Are those the seeds? Has anyone grown plants of the seeds of a Night-blooming jasmine?

Tracy

tracyann77@hotmail.com

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
remy_gw

Hi Tracy,
The Seed Site has a pic of the berries being black, so I would wait until they change color to harvest. How long that will take, I don't know. I've never grown Jasmine, but I didn't want you waiting on an answer too long. Some seed pods ripen quickly, others take awhile.
Remy

Here is a link that might be useful: Jasmine Berries and Seeds on The Seed Site

Bookmark   March 2, 2007 at 7:10PM
nuitjasmine(10/S24 So Cal)

What a great seed website, Remy! :) However, I beg to differ re. the seeds, as the plant with white berries sounds very much like cestrum nocturnum... the common name is night blooming jasmine, but of course common names can be misleading or shared by a number of plants. I have a cestrum nocturnum and the berries stay white and turn a spotty tan as they age. I would guess that a ripe berry is spotted with tan or is entirely tan and wrinkly a bit. Hope this helps a bit! :)

Bookmark   March 5, 2007 at 10:53PM
remy_gw

Thanks nuitjasmine. You're right common names can be confusing.
Remy

Bookmark   March 7, 2007 at 4:20PM
mash_gardener

I have heard alot of people say they move there night blooming jasmine in and out of the house. After a while is the plant not strong enough to stay outside, if it is well taken care of.

Bookmark   May 22, 2009 at 1:09PM
wally_1936(8b)

Cestrum nocturnum also known as Night Blooming Jasmine, is grown in subtropical regions as an ornamental plant for its strongly-scented flowers. It grows best in average to moist soil that is light and sandy, with a neutral pH of 6.6 to 7.5, and is hardy to hardiness zone 8. Feed bi-weekly with a weak dilution of seaweed and fish emulsion fertilizer.

All parts of the plant are highly poisonous.
Just picked this up off a website.

Bookmark   May 25, 2009 at 9:25PM
More Discussions
Bugs in seeds -) will freezing work?
Apparently a batch of small flying insects - rather...
suecirish
Ruellia/Mexican Petunia
There has to be a trick to saving these. I know they...
poisondartfrog
When to expect sunflowers to form seeds?
When can I expect my sunflowers to form seeds? I was...
invisigoth
confederate rose
Can anyone tell me when and how to get the seeds from...
rabbit8
Tomatillo Seed Saving
I would appreciate any help re: how to save Tomatillo...
bluelytes
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™