Seed Sharing Station - needs more seed!

OrganicGardenNut(8)April 25, 2013

Hi All,
I've been a reading GardenWeb posts for many years now, I always seem to find the answer I need from the many knowledgeable members. I thought it was finally time to become one! If you read the subject, you'll know what I'm posting about. With help from a group called 'eating in public' I started a Share Seeds station at my local library so people interested in growing vegetables, the 'food insecure' or hungry could have access to free seeds and gain some self-sufficiency. So far its been successful! I've stocked the station with hundreds of seeds from my own personal stash and they have disappeared every time within days! I sat and watched one afternoon to see what types of people needed seed. It was a diverse group, young and old, all ethnicities too! I need help! I am running out of seeds to share and am asking if you have seed that will grow well in zone 8, I would love to have them! Any amount will be helpful. Let me know if you'd like to help! Here's a link to view the Share Seed station in action:

Here is a link that might be useful: Share Seeds - Take some, Leave some or Both!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gvozdika(8 OR)

Hi there, do you still need seeds? I have plenty of Lemon Balm. It grows very well in zone 8.

Bookmark   May 16, 2013 at 12:32PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wally_1936(8b)

Also try Gardenhoard.com and wintersown.org our patrons should enjoy getting seeds from those 2 websites.

Bookmark   May 20, 2013 at 8:30PM
More Discussions
Phlox and Yarrow seeds where are they??
I have not been here on this forum before and am usually...
wishnforspring
How lonf do these last? Will they cross pollinate?
I have many types of seeds in a cardboard box in my...
pansyloverandgrower
Gumbo Limbo-Bursera simaruba seeds
Does anyone know where I can purchase Gumbo Limbo seeds?...
dudeabides1389
need help with seed saving winnowing
saved these seed how do I winnow?
Wild Haired Mavens
Which plants stay true to the parent?
I'm saving seeds for the first time this year. I know...
paloaltomark
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™