Seed Sharing Station - needs more seed!

OrganicGardenNut(8)April 25, 2013

Hi All,
I've been a reading GardenWeb posts for many years now, I always seem to find the answer I need from the many knowledgeable members. I thought it was finally time to become one! If you read the subject, you'll know what I'm posting about. With help from a group called 'eating in public' I started a Share Seeds station at my local library so people interested in growing vegetables, the 'food insecure' or hungry could have access to free seeds and gain some self-sufficiency. So far its been successful! I've stocked the station with hundreds of seeds from my own personal stash and they have disappeared every time within days! I sat and watched one afternoon to see what types of people needed seed. It was a diverse group, young and old, all ethnicities too! I need help! I am running out of seeds to share and am asking if you have seed that will grow well in zone 8, I would love to have them! Any amount will be helpful. Let me know if you'd like to help! Here's a link to view the Share Seed station in action:

Here is a link that might be useful: Share Seeds - Take some, Leave some or Both!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gvozdika(8 OR)

Hi there, do you still need seeds? I have plenty of Lemon Balm. It grows very well in zone 8.

Bookmark   May 16, 2013 at 12:32PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wally_1936(8b)

Also try Gardenhoard.com and wintersown.org our patrons should enjoy getting seeds from those 2 websites.

Bookmark   May 20, 2013 at 8:30PM
More Discussions
Phlox and Yarrow seeds where are they??
I have not been here on this forum before and am usually...
wishnforspring
any seed savers in z7/8 Southeast?
I already posted the following to the vegetable forum,...
cousinfloyd
crepe myrtle seeds
does anyone have any free pods or seeds to start my...
sandym646
Need help on keeping seeds True
If I want to collect Petunia seeds to grow the following...
longknife
need help with seed saving winnowing
saved these seed how do I winnow?
Wild Haired Mavens
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™