Scale on Moonshine

akrrmAugust 22, 2008

I purchased a 1 gallon pot of Moonshine in May online. Received it and repotted it, separated the shoots and potted those. I just noticed it had a large new shoot and two smaller ones. I also noticed the main plant had scale. Should I remove the shoots after I treat the main plant or just leave them? Also, this plant was near some of my other sans, should I treat them as a precaution? I checked them and don't see any scale.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dufflebag2002(Calif. 91607)

Try spraying with 50-50 dillution of Windex, wait 5 minutes and wash off. This has worked for me even on Hoyam, cactus, etc. I would watch them closely, and if you see active infestation spray. Norma

Bookmark   October 7, 2008 at 10:02PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Maryl zone 7a

How interesting. I didn't know Sans could have scale. I was prepping my Moonshine Sans outdoors today to be ready to move back indoors when the weather changes in a few days and I noticed creamy corkish looking patches on some of the leaves. I thought that it looked like scale but dismissed that thought because I didn't know it was possible. I'll have to look again tomorrow to make sure I've removed the offending plants from the crowded pots.

Bookmark   October 19, 2008 at 8:43PM
More Discussions
Please ID my new Hahnii
I finally found a new Hahnii to bring home - I have...
lme5573
plantnut2011
Newly aquired friends
Hi All, I just got these two freinds. Is one of them...
Sans2014
sansevieria pups wanted (the TALL variety)
just curious if anyone can send me a sansevieria pup...
jay83
What's wrong with my snake plant?
I've been excited to have a snake plant for a while...
Galleriagirl11
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™