Ghostly Snake Plant

elfinnAugust 20, 2006

I had read that the more light Sans get, the more banding they will produce, and I had all three of mine in bright light. The other two are the more typical type and are banding nicely, but I wasn't impressed with the way this one was coming along, so I moved it back by my Chinese Evergreen.

I have no idea what variety this one is, it came unidentified, but the leaves are broader than my other two, and the new growth is coming in downright ethereal, almost white. Has anyone seen this before, and is it going to cause any harm to my plant?

Here are a couple of pics...

Thanks!

Ellen

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
flicker(z8b LA)

You have sans trifasciata Moonglow. It is doing nicely, actually. I'd love to take it off your hands for postage!!

Bookmark   August 20, 2006 at 2:42PM
GrowHappy(z7 MD)

What is the difference between 'Moonshine' and 'Moonglow'? Thanks,
GH

Bookmark   August 20, 2006 at 7:00PM
pirate_girl(Zone7 NYC)

I'm of the opinion that Sans Moonshine & Moonglow are the same thing & I often hear the names used interchangeably.

This lovely plant is often a pale, ghostly light green, almost white, certainly icy looking. The younger growth tends to be this pale & usually darkens up some w/ age. Often they retain a dark green edge.

This is nothing abnormal or a problem, it's just a different variety of Sans. whose characteristic it is to have this very pale growth (yes, sometimes on fairly broad leaves).

I'd keep it in the same light as the others, it doesn't seem to need any special protection from bright light (as far as I've learned). Yours looks happy & healthy.

Bookmark   August 21, 2006 at 11:07AM
ankraras(8/9AZ)

I often see them in the restaurants. Very pretty!

Bookmark   August 24, 2006 at 10:06PM
More Discussions
How much does a sans grow in a year?
I recently got 2 of these and was wondering how much...
tlbean2004
Does anyone know what cultivar this is?
Got this for 5 bucks at walmart. Its about 12inches...
tlbean2004
New Sans
I bought a new snake plant today, and while I'm familiar...
Twobedroom_jungle
Help
What's wrong with my sansevieria? Can I do anything...
savana3
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™