I will beat Stush!

woodnative(6)September 7, 2012

OK Stush, this is regarding the wides Sans leaf! My submission. : ) If I don't win now, I will resubmit in a few years when this is REALLY BIG (still a baby now). LOL. I got this regular green S. masoniana as a small plant several years ago when I was just getting into Sans. It has grown a lot.....but has a lot more growing to do. About a year ago someone here hooked me up with some beautiful variegated S. masoniana which are doing well and have the bonus of beautifully variegated leaves. OK, for Stush's contest it probably is not fair to pit a S. masoniana against trifasciatas!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL(8B AL)

Whew! I thought this was a threat (but who would want to literally beat Stush? Unthinkable!) LOL!

Nice leaf!

Bookmark   September 7, 2012 at 11:22AM
Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6

My widest leaf was 4 inches. I am so mad now that I cut it up and thru it out. I told it, if it's not a winner I don't want it around. Wait, did you say masoniana? Well I have to pot up all the pices and see what develops.
Woodnative, you know what this means, I got to get a masoniana. 1st. Greg beats me then you. I feel like a real looser. Some body help me.

Bookmark   September 7, 2012 at 4:13PM
woodnative(6)

I may just have to send you a piece of my masoniana then!! Hmm......If you root all those pieces you cut up you can win "most plants in one pot"! A new contest!

Bookmark   September 7, 2012 at 4:17PM

No more contest for me. Every time I build my hopes up, some one comes around and knocks me down. Staying down for now. (just kidding) Besides all those pieces would give me some nice 'Robusta'.
BTW some of my Gold Flames' are developing more yellow strips, some leaves all yellow inside while normal green/yellow outside. Some weird 1/2 yellow and 1/2 green right down the middle of the leaf. Have to retake pictures and show. I have been doing nothing special but I noticed more yellowing this year than any other year I have been growing Sans.
Stush

Bookmark   September 7, 2012 at 8:48PM
Michaela(z6+ TN)

A body's just GOTTA love those 'Gold Flame' Futuras! Such a beautiful Sansevieria!

Bookmark   September 7, 2012 at 11:35PM
More Discussions
Sans are monocarpic?
Very good question. 1. Monocarpic plants are those...
Sans2014
How much does a sans grow in a year?
I recently got 2 of these and was wondering how much...
tlbean2004
My list of Sansevieria
List of my Sansevieria;Sansevieria trifasciata Small...
Sansevieria plant and babies (pups)
Hello I have recently gotten into houseplants and I...
lisa7310
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™