Sans Golden Hahnii

elkay_gwSeptember 9, 2012

The three "pups" on the right were taken from the mother plant on the left and the mother was returned to the original pot. The babies are green and white and growing taller than the green and yellow, more rosette shaped mother. Is this normal or unusual? Will the pups eventually turn more yellow?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Stush2049(Pitts., Pa. 6)

Elkay,
This is not normal. And I am so envious of you. That is one of my favorite hahnii. Those pups look too tall but really great. Also my 'Golden Hahnii' just doesn't want to pup. It is a fussy one. Likes bright light (not direct Sun) and kept on the warm side. If those pups develop into some sort of futura, you got something rare there. I plan on purchasing more come spring from Bob Smoley. I really love yours. Picture of mine;

Bookmark   September 9, 2012 at 2:55PM
elkay_gw

Thanks for the info. Your Hahnii is really nice!

Bookmark   September 10, 2012 at 10:40AM
Michaela(z6+ TN)

Very nice offsets, Elkay! If you are sure your mother plant is Golden Hahnii (it looks very robust and upright), those white margins on the pups are pretty special! I would highly recommend keeping both plants WARM and protected from any harm as the white tissues are fragile and more susceptible than usual to bacterial infection (the dreaded brown spots). Please show more pictures of this plant when you can.

Bookmark   September 10, 2012 at 1:45PM
elichka(6b)

Elkay

Beautiful Hahnii. how often do you water them in winter? Do you keep them on heating mats? i read somewhere its better keep them dry all winter. any suggestions?

Thanks
Inna

Bookmark   October 23, 2012 at 11:06PM
More Discussions
Sans2014
Help
What's wrong with my sansevieria? Can I do anything...
savana3
new sans
Along with the orchid cactus I picked up this little...
bkempress
My recurring problem with sansevierias
I've grown a host of succulents for about 30 years....
fungshengwuchi
Sansevieria from seed
Does anyone know a good method to sprout Sansevieria...
foxwichya
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™