Exchange forum

joshc(Z8-TX)September 19, 2003

We now have an exchange forum folks, let's make good use of it!

Thanks Spike!

Josh

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marguerite_gw

Thanks also, Spike - though it won't be a lot of good to me unless there are Europeans on the forum - still, it's always fun to read what people are trading.

Bookmark   September 19, 2003 at 3:10PM
lainielady(z5OH)

Thank you, Spike. Thanks also to Josh. Maybe by next summer I'll have some available.

Elaine

Bookmark   September 19, 2003 at 3:34PM
kniphofia

This is a great idea. Hopefully next Spring I can have some plants available - mine are winding down for the winter now.

Bookmark   September 20, 2003 at 8:37AM
marquest(z5 PA)

I will watch the trading. No one is going to want the no name varieties I have. I acquired the four plants from my mother and sister. We only new them as Mother in law's tounge and bird nest. LOL!

Bookmark   September 21, 2003 at 10:20PM
jover(Tenerife)

Why can't the people of the rest of the world not enter in the exchange page.
In all the forums there are allways americans who are doing the exchanges.
The discussion page is international so everyone can dicide on personal reasons with whom they can exchange or not.
I know every country has his rules but if I want to exchange f.e. with someone from brazil then that is impossible???
Even if I want to exchange in Europe it isn't possible.
Then I need to go to a general plant and seed exchange forum with just a few sansevieria lovers.

Or am I just the only one?

Bookmark   October 1, 2003 at 5:17PM
philofriend(z5 Central MO)

Shipping live plants is so difficult and expensive. It would be great if we could exchange to other countries though, then I could get plants that I'm looking for and can't find in the U.S.

Bookmark   October 1, 2003 at 5:22PM
marguerite_gw

But, Jover, there is nothing here to say we cannot arrange inter-European trades, or even further-out foreign ones where our own import regulations allow it. There is a European Garden Exchange, and I have traded as a result of posting on it; since hopefully some of us will be from Europe etc. on the Sansevieria Exchange Forum, we will be able to arrange our own trades. All we need is the plants to trade, or swap, as we say over here!

Bookmark   October 2, 2003 at 4:33AM
marguerite_gw

But I was wrong, we outside the U.S. can't post for exchanges inside Europe as I thought; we will have to contact one another privately, obviously. The Sans exchange is only for U.S. posters.

Bookmark   October 4, 2003 at 4:13PM
biwako_of_abi

What is going on? I just clicked on the Exchange link at the top of this page and was taken to Microsoft Bcentral, whatever that is! I am new to Sans and rapidly becoming enamored of them. I love the silky feeling of the leaves of some and their stiffness and markings. I have only three and have tried to ID them from a book by Hermione Stover, "The Sansevieria Book", which was in the local C&S Society library. I think they may be S. singularis, hahnii, and Crosby's marginata. Can anyone recommend a good book for IDing? The one I mentioned has only black and white photos, though it is very interestingly written.

Bookmark   October 5, 2003 at 1:01AM
Cena(S CA 10A)

Janice, I will have to take a look at Hermoine's book. There is another one, specifically on Sansevieria trifaciata varieties that is easily available at Amazon, I am sure. I don't have the exact spelling of the authors name, so won't go beyond that his first name is Juan. We need to ask Pam what sources she used to give her talk on Sans earlier in the year.

For a plant that has been a standby in nearly every house growing plants since the late 60's, there sure isn't a lot of info available!

Bookmark   October 5, 2003 at 4:11AM
biwako_of_abi

I noticed the book by Juan... and ordered it from Rainbow Gardens Bookshop, but I really wish I could find a copy (to buy) of the one by Hermione. It is so delightfully written.

Bookmark   October 8, 2003 at 1:34AM
More Discussions
What's wrong with my snake plant?
I've been excited to have a snake plant for a while...
Galleriagirl11
new sans
Along with the orchid cactus I picked up this little...
bkempress
Any kinds of "cylindrical" leaf Sansevieria grow well low light?
Glad I found this forum on GardenWeb. I would like...
acg85
sansevieria pups wanted (the TALL variety)
just curious if anyone can send me a sansevieria pup...
jay83
HELP!!! My snake plant is dying
Hi I have a big problem with my snake plants. Please...
mrjoss
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™