Moonglow

brendainva(n.VA)September 5, 2005

Bought a Moonglow sans today for $5 at the local grocery store. It is in a 4 inch pot, and pretty root-bound. I was thinking of waiting until next spring to transplant it. Any tips on care?

Brenda

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gardenmadness(6bNJ)

Definately wait until next spring to transplant it. For now, it will take bright, indirect light but gets it's best color in a least partially direct sun. Water when plant goes completely dry, which could be weekly or every other week depending on the sun, until the late fall and you will see your plant will start using way less water as it slows it's growth in winter. Then water monthly, maybe less, again when plant it completely dry. Fertilize monthly during active season, not at all in winter. I think that's about it! Very easy, just don't overwater. You may want to consider a clay pot for it(same size it it's in so you can just pop it out of the plastic and into the clay) and this will definately keep you from overwatering it. Good luck!

Bookmark   September 5, 2005 at 11:36PM
brendainva(n.VA)

Super. It certainly is a lovely plant. Thanks for your input!

Brenda

Bookmark   September 6, 2005 at 7:54PM
wankel(6)

And Brenda, bear in mind that Sansevierias seem to do best when they are a bit potbound...

Bookmark   September 7, 2005 at 6:26AM
brendainva(n.VA)

Although the roots are pushing this 3-inch plastic pot out of shape (so I don't think I can squeeze the plant into a clay pot of the same size) I will wait until spring to repot, in a pot only a tiny bit bigger.

Brenda

Bookmark   September 7, 2005 at 10:19PM
wankel(6)

Moonglow is one of my favorites. It is a nice looking plant.

Bookmark   September 8, 2005 at 3:30PM
brendainva(n.VA)

I am keeping mine in the bathroom, which is painted exactly the same color as the leaves! The room has a skylight and a window, so it is bright.

Brenda

Bookmark   September 8, 2005 at 9:05PM
More Discussions
PLEASE HELP!
Hello, I am new to plant ownership and have been aiming...
lawilson10
snake plant in low light
anyone have any luck growing a snake plant in low light?...
jay83
So I planted a Sans. Rhizome & Look
Another wacky experiment of mine, here's what I got This...
pirate_girl
snake plant keeps dying
Greetings, my snake plant that I keep in a room (temperature...
cicak
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™