And this is?

ramazz(8a VA)August 23, 2007

Here is a new bloomer that I have no idea about. I am sure when someone identifies it I will have an aha! moment, but I cannot recall planting anything that has white blooms. No new salvias for me next year - I will have some second year plants that are blooming for the first time.

Becky

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
annette68_gw

I am not too sure but the foliage looks similar to Salvia Pratensis, than again it maybe a cross, I am sure that some off the experts should be able to id it for you. Now where is your sense off Adventure, no new salvias for next year:)

Annette

Bookmark   August 23, 2007 at 9:23PM
rich_dufresne(z7 NC)

Looks like Salvia austriaca, which is light yellow in flower and related to pratensis.

Bookmark   August 23, 2007 at 11:01PM
ramazz(8a VA)

Rich, I am sure you are right as I did plant at least one austriaca (seeds from Joseph). I considered that as a possibility but my eyes don't pick up "light yellow" in these flowers. I love the leaves on this plant. Is it likely to cross with other varieties? I don't have pratensis but I do have other Eastern European salvias.

Becky

Bookmark   August 24, 2007 at 8:41AM
rich_dufresne(z7 NC)

With other members of section Plethiosphace there is a good chance, providing they bloom at the same time and have compatible pollinators. Jurisicii, pratensis, transsylvanica are some of them.

Bookmark   August 24, 2007 at 10:52AM
More Discussions
need tips on germinating Salvia roemeriana
Hi, A friend from Texas sent me seeds of Cedar Sage...
seedmoney
Identity crisis ...
This very tall salvia (like 10 feet or so) has very...
johnburtonstutz
WANTED: Salvia Elegans (Pineapple Salvia)
Does anyone have cuttings or volunteers? I am in Redlands,...
LeeBeesGarden
Could you please help me identify this salvia?
Hi. A friend's mother gave me a division of this plant...
rross
flowers more tenacious
The only Salvia that I know first-hand is S. coccinea. Blossoms...
four
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™