some new friends came home with me last night

grabmebymyhandle(6 Kentucky)October 25, 2012

Just got these little beauties yesterday, they had been decimated by several large underpotted euphorbs that had flipped over and sprangled over the whole area.

It took some blood and battling but i unearthed them! a few leaves are smashed up but i guess they will make nice cutting soon, otherwise none the worse for wear.

i wouldnt mind hearing your all thought on varieties, the both are about full grown judging by the way the mother plants looked, likely hahns but i dunno, i really like the heavily varigated clones, the darker ones nice too.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
barbmock

Sorry, I can't see your picture. Could you try again, please?

Bookmark   October 25, 2012 at 12:19PM
pirate_girl(Zone7 NYC)

Looks like you forgot to add the pic, pls, do try again.

Bookmark   October 25, 2012 at 1:36PM
Stush2049(Pitts., Pa. 6)

grab me by the handle, Another nebe, welcome. and yes we need a picture. You got our interest up.

Bookmark   October 25, 2012 at 1:47PM
grabmebymyhandle(6 Kentucky)

i am so smart!

Bookmark   October 26, 2012 at 10:39AM

i am so smart!

Bookmark   October 26, 2012 at 11:14AM
plantomaniac08(8)

grabmebymyhandle,
Great find! Now all I need to do is find one of those 'Golden Hahnii' Sans myself...

Planto

Bookmark   October 26, 2012 at 12:01PM
Stush2049(Pitts., Pa. 6)

seems like everone is coming up with the Golden Hahnii. I can't find any here. I am lucky with most others. Dang, dang, dang, Planto, if I find some or mine suddenly starts to pup, I send you one but don't hold your breath.
GMBTH,
Nice find. one doesn't look like a sans. unless it's not a trifasciata. The dark one. The others are Sans. tri. hahnii 'Golden Hahnii' and Sans. tri. hahnii 'Jade Margenated'.
Stush

Bookmark   October 26, 2012 at 2:32PM

yea, stush, the dark one wasnt spose to get in the pic, i forget its name, its a haworthia or haworthia gasteria cross, i forget.

The sans didnt quite look like the photos i see of for the golden hahn, but then i look at my pic and it doesnt look quite the same as real life.
I guess maybe i just got extra lucky and they are select clones, they have alot more banding and what not than the pics i see. I was thinking maybe it was something else.

It must not be as vigorous as others with the lack of chlorophly , the jade margenated had filled their 8" pots, these golden ones only had 2 good heads and a small pup.
hope they do good, you guys clearly know the way if im having trouble finding it.

Bookmark   October 26, 2012 at 5:50PM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gold-Star-Birdsnest-Snake-Plant-Sanseveria-Impossible-to-kill-4-Pot-/290757672038?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0amp;hash=item43b281fc66

It looks more like this photo, though ive never heard of this variety...gold star...sounds like a real variety to me. I dunno this is why i posted, i need to be set straight : D

what ever it is, ill be happy to share some if it, i do enjoy it, neat, tidy, and beautifully marked, but i really want some big sans varieties! Mason congo, fisheri, stuckyi, i really dont know what others get monsterous in time, but that what im shootin for next.
Im not sure but i fear its too late this year to do any mailing to the north tho, there always next spring tho. hopefully by then we all have some lovely new sans to swap around.
Ive been poking around and all the links i find to cultural practices with golden hahnii lead me back here...

Bookmark   October 26, 2012 at 6:39PM
plantomaniac08(8)

grabmebymyhandle,
The link you provided is a 'Golden Hahnii' improperly labeled as Gold Star (ebay is notorious for mislabeling).

Stush,
Oh, even better, one of your Golden Hahnii Sans. I won't hold my breath though, I do remember you mentioning you can't get yours to pup. But when the day comes. :)

Planto

Bookmark   October 26, 2012 at 11:52PM
More Discussions
Sansevieria Whitney? at Ikea
My husband and I were at the South Philadelphia, PA...
akrrm
Hahnii Silver Marginated - rot
I bought Sans. Hahnii Silver Marginated Jan 31, and...
lme5573
What a difference a little heat makes
just thought I'd share this. In cool, gloomy Oregon,...
kwie2011
plantnut2011
So I planted a Sans. Rhizome & Look
Another wacky experiment of mine, here's what I got This...
pirate_girl
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™