Pictures of some of my San's

lonewolf83(9-10)October 1, 2013

So I have been into San's since about the time I joined this site. I have since then gathered a little collection. I have lost a few varieties due to weather, dogs, gophers and various other critters. Now I'm trying to start over and regain some varieties I lost. Well here are some pictures of some I placed inside an empty 10 gallon aquarium I had from my fish.

Full Tank Shot

Golden Hahnii

'Streaker' #1

'Streaker' #2

'Silver Hahnii'

'Hahnii Marginated'

'Bantel's Sensation' In back smaller San's in front 'Siam Silver'

'Sheri' in center small one to the left 'Gold Flame'

'Eve'

Reverted Back from 'Siam Silver'

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Stush2049(Pitts., Pa. 6)

Lonewolf,
Did you cut off those small pups from the mother plant or was that the way they were given you? I would be afraid they would not have enough rhizome on them to catch on. Too small to continue to grow and stop or reverse to juvenile stage. That is very risky to do. But all said I do like the collection and in the fish tank, they do have the best environment to grow from. I have mine in a 55 gal. fish tank but I have them potted up in their own pots. As small as they could fit. Seems they like it better.
Showing below is my set-up. Highlighted is my special 'Streaker' with it's new pups. I hope they stay this way. So far so good. I will not cut off from mother plant but I will cut the largest pup from them. The original mother plant is the one on the top potted.

Bookmark   October 2, 2013 at 1:28PM
lonewolf83(9-10)

The pups were taken off of the parents. I've done this in the past with allot of success. I won't detach if there isn't much rhizome or roots.

I need to bring in my other 'Streaker' plants from outside. The yellow one I got is still out there in serious need of a good watering. I do got a 135 gallon aquarium I should be able to use later on down the road once I sell off most of my fish. I actually got 2 of these aquariums but need to sell off one of them. Room isn't big enough for both of them. I can setup a 5 gallon for my 'Streaker' plants though so I can bring them inside.

Does your aquarium have a lid on it or is it opened on top? Mine is partially open.

Bookmark   October 2, 2013 at 9:44PM
Stush2049(Pitts., Pa. 6)

Mine is mostly open. Just the 4 ft. shop light. Using two T-8 bulbs (daylite). Light is on about 15 hours a day and the pups are growing fast in this hi light condition. Temp is around 70 degrees. I was thinking of having a small candle in a jar under the tank. About 2 ft. below to increase the heat. Of course lite only while I'm there.
Stush

Bookmark   October 3, 2013 at 1:28PM
More Discussions
Does anyone know what cultivar this is?
Got this for 5 bucks at walmart. Its about 12inches...
tlbean2004
How much does a sans grow in a year?
I recently got 2 of these and was wondering how much...
tlbean2004
Any kinds of "cylindrical" leaf Sansevieria grow well low light?
Glad I found this forum on GardenWeb. I would like...
acg85
Sans2014
plantnut2011
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™