What was I thinking?

joshc(Z8-TX)October 30, 2003

I was at Lowes to get another plant stand since I used my fifth and last one on my Sans t. Laurentii that I got a couple weeks ago, and while I was there I saw a couple little 4 inch EA pots of Sans t. Hahnii, just the plain old regular Hahnii, which I don't have. Why didn't I get them?! Hopefully there will still be some whenever I get a chance to go back. I keep saying "no more plants this year" then I keep finding more that I want! AAARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Josh

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nanw_4wi(4/SW WI)

Dontcha hate that?! When you don't get a plant that's 'callin your name', it keeps 'haunting' you until you go back!

If you don't find it, let me know and I can send you an offset of mine.

Bookmark   October 31, 2003 at 2:38PM
jon_d(Northern Calif.)

Do you realize that if you acquire every darn sansevieria out there that you will need a huge house with lots of windows, greenhouses, and a staff of people to help you take care of them all. I mean, there are hundreds of sansevierias. Yes, they are easy and they love houseplant conditions--more so than just about any other plant. You (I mean me!) must resist the temptation to have every single one. Lowly hahnii is a nice one and can be kept small but just maybe you shouldn't pine over not getting it this time. Save that space for any one of 100,000 other nice plants out there.

Jon, who knows only too well.

Bookmark   October 31, 2003 at 3:39PM
joshc(Z8-TX)

Well said Jon. I decided I wasn't really too worried about going back for the hahnii. If one shouldfall in my lap, so be it, but I'm not in any rush. I think I was just feeling weird for not buying a plant that I saw, it's usually no question. Maybe it's the first step towards resistance!

Josh

Bookmark   November 1, 2003 at 10:33AM
More Discussions
snake plant keeps dying
Greetings, my snake plant that I keep in a room (temperature...
cicak
HELP!!! My snake plant is dying
Hi I have a big problem with my snake plants. Please...
mrjoss
Help
What's wrong with my sansevieria? Can I do anything...
savana3
Photo album (for Sans)
Using the "project" thingie on here, I made...
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL
What a difference a little heat makes
just thought I'd share this. In cool, gloomy Oregon,...
kwie2011
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™