GLOWING PEACE

POMPEII

POP WARNER

SCENTIMENTAL

SUMMER RAINBOW

TROIKA

Dahlia MICK'S PEPPERMINT

dk purple ivy pelargonium

not sure what this plant is, but I seem to remember it was called Purple Princess.... something?

and these aren't "blooms" but just some of my many Japanese Maples, some caladiums, a hosta, etc..

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bethnorcal9

I forgot to add these two:

CLASSIC BEAUTY

DISCO

Bookmark   August 23, 2012 at 1:37AM
inga007(Ont. 6a)

I'm so glad you didn't forget the last two beauties. As, always, your postings are full of surprises. Hadn't seen Anabell or Fred before. Pop Warner, seems to have it's petals delicately tinged. Scentimental has very strong colouring.
Thank you, for all your loely pictures.

Bookmark   August 23, 2012 at 8:56AM
Arcus_85(5b)

I'm with Inga! So glad you didn't forget the last two!!! I'm in love with Classic Beauty!! Oh my! Pompeii, Glowing Peace, and Anabell are all pretty amazing. Always stunning Beth. So jealous!!!

Bookmark   August 23, 2012 at 11:31AM
seil zone 6b MI

They're all lovely! And I like that dahlia too! That purple one could be some kind of campanula or bell flower?

Bookmark   August 23, 2012 at 7:24PM
TNY78(7a-East TN)

Really love Classic Beauty and Mick's Peppermint! At first glance I thought that was the coolest looking rose I've seen in awhile LOL! I wish dahlias were hardy here, but they're pretty touchy depending on how severe winter is.

Tammy

Bookmark   August 23, 2012 at 8:56PM
canadian_rose(zone 3a)

I really like Fred and Scentimental. With that coloring Scentimental looks a lot like my All American Magic which start out yellow, pink and white, fade to pink and white and then red/white (looking just like yours - only smaller.)

Lovely roses!!!
Thank you

Bookmark   August 25, 2012 at 2:08AM
nanadollZ7 SWIdaho(Zone 7 Boise SW Idaho)

Lovely photos of beautiful, unusual blooms. Never heard of Fred, either. Such a delicate, ethereal bloom with such a blue collar name! Thanks for posting these lovelies. Diane

Bookmark   August 25, 2012 at 3:25AM
seil zone 6b MI

Oh, I want Pompeii!

Bookmark   August 30, 2012 at 10:00PM
serenasyh(was 5/now Z 8-Kans)

Just GORGEOUS Beth!!!!! I'm drooling over EVERY single one, including the Peppermint Dahlia eye-candy!

Bookmark   August 30, 2012 at 10:27PM
poorbutroserich(Nashville 7a)

Pompeii! There should be an entire rose series commemorating volcanic explosions! I really want "Vesuve" and cannot find it. I'm going to add Pompeii to my favorites on HMF.
Thanks for sharing.
Susan

Bookmark   August 31, 2012 at 5:47PM
bethnorcal9

Thanks everybody! Sorry I haven't responded sooner! Been really busy. For those of you wanting POMPEII, be forewarned that it is virused. I got my plant quite a few yrs ago as a bagged bareroot from someplace like Home Depot or WalMart. Even in my climate it shows the signs of RMV in early spring, but in the higher temps it eventually burns off the rest of the season until fall, when sometimes it comes back, and sometimes it doesn't. I believe Kathy Strong pointed out a yr or so ago that it's likely that all the POMPEII plants are virused. It's too bad because it can throw off some really gorgeous blooms, and they're often pretty large.

Tammy, I always heard dahlias had to be dug up every yr, but apparently not in all areas. I leave mine in the ground and most of them come back every yr. There were a few I planted about 5-6yrs ago that have never come back, but that was back when I wasn't watering as much, and who knows, maybe one yr they'll pop up again.

Diane, FRED HOWARD is an old HT. I had one yrs ago and it died. Got this one from Vintage a few yrs back. He almost died on me awhile back, but luckily recovered and is nice and big now.

Bookmark   August 31, 2012 at 9:19PM
seil zone 6b MI

In cold climates you do have to dig dahlias up. The corms will rot over the winter here so I pot mine every spring. Putting them in pots instead of the ground makes them way easier to dig out in the fall!

Bookmark   September 1, 2012 at 11:43AM
iris_gal(z9 CA)

So good to see FRED HOWARD. When we moved to CA in the 60's there was the lovliest peachy rose bush in the back yard and that was it! Eventually died and I haven't seen one since.

Drop dead gorgeous pic of CLASSIC BEAUTY!

Bookmark   September 2, 2012 at 4:41PM
More Discussions
Roses "W"
Only one more to go! WALKING ON SUNSHINE WANGUAFONG WEDDING...
bethnorcal9
I think spring is about here...
Got stuff blooming. Not a lot, but enough to say I...
bethnorcal9
Looking for Ice drift rose
Several years ago I planted several "ground cover...
earliglo
Stuff bloomin' today..
The buds and blooms are coming on pretty quickly now......
bethnorcal9
Roses"P"
Now for the Ps... I'm sure this is going to be a very...
bethnorcal9
Sponsored Products
Charmeuse Grand Pillow
$215.00 | FRONTGATE
Orbiter 6-Light Chandelier by James R. Moder
$1,412.00 | Lumens
LNR Home Adana Black/ Cream Oriental Rug (6'2 Round)
Overstock.com
Silver Roses Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
Moooi | Delft Blue No. 4
YLiving.com
Greenwich 12 inch square charger set/2
Origin Crafts
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™