spider plant

anna3(z7 OKLA)October 12, 2003

Hi, I have the solid green spider plant and have no problems with it. But I got a baby striped one from a friend and it isnt doing very good. I have my solid ones in the bathroom so I asumed it would do good in there too. any sujestions.?? Thank you.. Anna

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Cena(S CA 10A)

Anna, I suggest that you try at the HousePlants forum. You have wandered into the MotherInLaws/Snake Plant posting place. GardenWeb has about 400 different posting places, you name the subject, it's probably here! We only deal with this one type of plant. Your new spider should do just fine with the same treatment. Perhaps it just needs a bit extra water or humidity.

I do know that the HousePlants people grow all types of houseplants and are not limited to a specific color type or species.

Good luck with your babies!

Bookmark   October 13, 2003 at 1:51AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
grace_m(NY)

I think you post this on the houseplant forum for more advice,But I think your problem could ne lack of light. The variegated(sp?) type need more light so the light in the bathroom may not be enough. In general I find the striped kind are a little more finicky than the soiid green. Try a sunnier location and post back and let us know what happens.HTH
Grace

Bookmark   October 14, 2003 at 1:36AM
More Discussions
HELP!!! My snake plant is dying
Hi I have a big problem with my snake plants. Please...
mrjoss
sansevieria pups wanted (the TALL variety)
just curious if anyone can send me a sansevieria pup...
jay83
Any kinds of "cylindrical" leaf Sansevieria grow well low light?
Glad I found this forum on GardenWeb. I would like...
acg85
Sansevieria from seed
Does anyone know a good method to sprout Sansevieria...
foxwichya
Please ID my new Hahnii
I finally found a new Hahnii to bring home - I have...
lme5573
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™