How can I hand-pollinate my White Clover?

thatcloverkid(7)August 15, 2014

Hello all. This is my first time posting on the forum, so please excuse my lack of knowledge. And if this is the wrong place to post this, where should I post?

I was curious to see if anyone knew how to successfully hand-pollinate White Clover

There is this nice white clover plant in my back yard that has these odd pinkish color flowers and I wanted to get some seed from it.

The only problem is, hardly any pollinators go into that area of my yard.

Any suggestions on how to hand pollinate the clover?

Thanks

By the way, I love clover

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK

Firstly can we establish what 'white clover' you have? Is it Trifolium repens? If so I don't think there's any way of hand pollinating it. Even if there were chances are it's already been visited many times by pollinating insects, even if you haven't noticed them. Many T repens get pinkish flowers as they age. It also crosses with T pratense and can produce plants with pink flowers. Your best bet for propagation would be division imo. It's very naem T 'repens' tells you it is a creeper and will produce stolons.Then you'll get clones of the parent.

Bookmark   August 30, 2014 at 8:09AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK

Firstly can we establish what 'white clover' you have? Is it Trifolium repens? If so I don't think there's any way of hand pollinating it. Even if there were chances are it's already been visited many times by pollinating insects, even if you haven't noticed them. Many T repens get pinkish flowers as they age. It also crosses with T pratense and can produce plants with pink flowers. Your best bet for propagation would be division imo. It's very naem T 'repens' tells you it is a creeper and will produce stolons.Then you'll get clones of the parent.

Bookmark   August 30, 2014 at 8:12AM
More Discussions
Bugs in seeds -) will freezing work?
Apparently a batch of small flying insects - rather...
suecirish
mini pumpkins
I bought my daughter one of those miniature pumpkins...
triple_b
New at this....How do I harvest parsley seeds
I have a healthy flat leaf parsley plant in my herb...
realtorrose
Seed Harvesting & Cleaning Instructions
Jonna Sudenius has made these wonderful videos on seed...
phylis
When to expect sunflowers to form seeds?
When can I expect my sunflowers to form seeds? I was...
invisigoth
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™