2014 commercial seed swap 2
Welcome to the 2014 Commercial Seed Swap...Please read all the rules carefully as some have changed from last year. I know there are a lot of rules but it helps to make this a nice swap.
Here are the rules:
1. COMMERCIAL SEEDS only (seeds that were purchased, not collected)
2. They must be seeds from 2012, 2013 or 2014
3. They cannot be dollar store type seeds (.29-.59.or .99 cent packages)
3a. There are no mixes allowed, zinnia, cosmos, bachelors buttons, marigolds and so on.....
4. In the original package is best but if that's not possible, please label where they were purchased, what year they are from and your screen name.
5..Please do not send seeds that are known to have a short shelf life.
5. There will be a 25 pack limit on VEGETABLE seeds this year. NO LIMIT ON FLOWER seeds. (I am doing this because I do not have a large personal stash of veggie seeds to fill in and make a great package for the veggie gardener)
6. No more than 3 packs of the same type of seed (please don't make 3 packets of the same seed with 5 seeds in each package) I have purchased seeds that come with only 10 seeds to a package and shared only 5 seeds of that, However, I have also had seeds sent in with 3 packages of 10 mixed marigold seeds. This is not fair.
7. If you send in all vegetable seeds, you will get back all vegetable seeds. I had a member send in all veggie seeds and request only flower seeds in return, this I cannot do. the same goes for flowers.
I mark what each member sent so if you send in 25 veggies and 10 flowers, you will get back 25 veggies and 10 flowers.
8. Seed amounts, this is always a challenge. If you ordered a package of seeds and it came with a thousand seeds, chances are it is meant to be planted in masses. Please keep that in mind when sending some to your fellow gardener.
8a. These are commercial seeds so know that you will not always get a full gw trade amount "25 seeds>. It could be you only get 5 seeds of a perennial geranium because it was purchased with 10 seeds to begin with.
9. I will be posting a separate thread titled Commercial seed swap wish lists only. I ask that you put your seed wish list here for easier matching up for me.
Seeds must reach me by March,1st
Please put in a return mailing label along with your postage for the ride home.
Postage should be what it cost you to send plus a little extra. This can be cash or stamps. I prefer cash because I mail from the Post Office and can pay exact amount due. When I have stamps, I have to put an extra stamp on for .20 cents due. I don't like paying them extra....lol Any excess $$$ will be returned!
I do send seeds from my garden IF they are on your wish list. This is a gift and not counted towards my contribution to the swap.
Seeds will e returned to you no later than March,15th. This allows you time to plant your new bounty!
No one has hit the number yet! Keep...