laurentii leaf curling...normal?

Jen654(7 AZ)October 19, 2013

Hi, I'm a newbie to the forum. I "rescued" this neglected snake plant from a supermarket. It had damage to the leaves which, as you can see, I trimmed off. The new leaf (the only one without damage) is growing fast but it's edges are curling backward -- completely opposite of what all the old leaves look like. Is this normal and it will straighten out later? Does it mean something is wrong? Maybe too much plant food or not enough sun? I water it well about every 2 weeks and the water has a small amount of plant food in it. It gets indirect sun light. I had been putting it in direct sun for no more than 5 minutes per day because I'm not sure if it can tolerate it. Then I stopped doing that when I saw the curling.
So, does anyone know what is causing this reverse curl in the leaf?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Stush2049(Pitts., Pa. 6)

Looks good to me. Maybe you are giving it too much care. Bright light and some Sun is great for this sans.
Also, welcome.
Stush

Bookmark   October 20, 2013 at 1:00PM
Solar_Storm(24 CA)

I agree with Stush. The leaf looks normal to me. In a year it will look like the one on the lower left. I suspect it's twisting toward the light source. I find it interesting that new leaves on many of these variegated plants retain chlorophyll that disappears as the leaf ages.

Bookmark   October 21, 2013 at 1:30PM
beth95(6)

Nice-looking plant! :-) I doubt there's anything "wrong" with it.

Bookmark   October 21, 2013 at 2:05PM
Jen654(7 AZ)

OK, so it looks like the plant is happy. Yay! Good to know. I've only owned snake plants for a few months so I wasn't sure about whether the leaf was normal or not. It looks and feels so different from the old leaves.
Thanks to all who responded!

Bookmark   October 22, 2013 at 12:46PM
More Discussions
How much does a sans grow in a year?
I recently got 2 of these and was wondering how much...
tlbean2004
snake plant keeps dying
Greetings, my snake plant that I keep in a room (temperature...
cicak
Help
What's wrong with my sansevieria? Can I do anything...
savana3
new sans
Along with the orchid cactus I picked up this little...
bkempress
Hahnii Silver Marginated - rot
I bought Sans. Hahnii Silver Marginated Jan 31, and...
lme5573
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™