Salvia seeds

robinmi_gwOctober 20, 2009

I hope to have seeds of many Salvias, some rare species, at the beginning of November. Contact me via my site

www.robinssalvias.com

Robin.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
voodoobrew

Hi Robin,

I'd be interested, thank you! Will you be posting a list there, or should folks just send you a wish list? My list would probably be too long... Though, I am indeed running out of space. Seems I can always tuck in another salvia somewhere; I think it's starting to drive my non-gardening husband mad. :)

-Michelle

Bookmark   October 20, 2009 at 7:01PM
voodoobrew

While we're on the subject of seeds... is it worth trying to collect them from S. elegans? The calyces are so tiny; I'm not really sure if there any in there!

Bookmark   October 20, 2009 at 9:15PM
robinmi_gw

Seed list will be sent separately. The link on my site to contact me is broken currently, please email me directly to info@robinssalvias.com then I can add your name to the list which should be available early NOvember. Easier for me if I have all names in one place!

Have hardly ever found seeds on elegans here, it flowers too late. But you should find some in CA.

Robin

Bookmark   October 21, 2009 at 6:11AM
wantonamara Z8 CenTex

I too would be interested in Seeds, don't know which ones yet, but it is an offer that does twist my head.

Bookmark   October 24, 2009 at 11:30PM
robinmi_gw

2012-2013 list should be ready in 2-3 weeks.

Bookmark   October 20, 2012 at 5:53PM
rich_dufresne(z7 NC)

Me too, Robin. It's been a rough year in the southeastern USA, with that ton dsy plus of 100 degree plus (F) temperatures. Good summer growing did not start for me until mid-September, and still many sages are late to bloom.

My regla forms are just now hitting their stride, about 5 weeks late. Ditto with the involucratas. Strangely, the hot and early spring seems to have brought better bloom this year.

Bookmark   October 24, 2012 at 9:57PM
More Discussions
Salvia Madrensis dormancy
I purchased two gallon pots at a plant sale this fall,...
fairfield8619
Salvia ID
I can't remember which salvia this is. I planted "maraschino...
rubyhum
Will Salvia apiana White Sage grow in Pennsylvania
I am interested in trying to grow a Sage that I saw...
grandprix1
flowers more tenacious
The only Salvia that I know first-hand is S. coccinea. Blossoms...
four
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™