The Is

seil zone 6b MIAugust 21, 2011

Intrigue, a one cane wonder for several years now. I don't know how it survives every winter! I moved it out to the new bed this year and lo and behold I may actually get a second bloom!

Iobelle, is a Buck HT with large rounded buds and blooms and a great fragrance!

Iced Raspberry, pretty mini that can sometimes have nice form for exhibition, but not reliably.

Isolde Hit, was a grocery store mini that I got as a gift. Thankfully I've trained my family well and they know to make sure they find one with a name tag in it! I really like this hot little number!

Ivory Tower, was one Mom had a long time ago and I looked for diligently to replace. The long buds and large blooms are gorgeous but it is prone to fungus diseases and the JBs love it as much as I do!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jim1961 Zone 6a Central Pa.

I really like the colors on Isolde Hit! Nice pics!

Bookmark   August 21, 2011 at 3:03PM
strawchicago 5a IL(zone 5a)

Thank you for all the great pictures, now I know what's hardy in my zone 5a. I'll check out Iobelle and its fragrance.

Bookmark   August 22, 2011 at 9:25AM
Krista_5NY

Iced Raspberry sure has interesting colors.... beautiful pics, Seil.

Bookmark   August 22, 2011 at 10:33AM
seil zone 6b MI

Thanks, Jim! IH can be very bright and almost all red, striped red and yellow or nearly all yellow, every bloom is different!

Thanks, Strawberryhill! I think you'll love Iobelle! She winters well, is fairly disease resistant and a very prolific bloomer!

Thank you, Krista! IR is really a true raspberry red/pink color with a snow white reverse.

Bookmark   August 22, 2011 at 11:18AM
bethnorcal9

Very pretty! I'd love to find that ISOLDE HIT around here. But I've never seen it. They always have the same old Parade and Patio Hit roses. Dk red and lt pink, sometimes cream. Bummer...

Bookmark   August 22, 2011 at 12:15PM
seil zone 6b MI

Thanks, Beth. I know my brother got that Isolde Hit for me at a local nusery/florist shop, English Gardens, at Valentine's Day. It was in a little fancy gift pot and he said most had name tags in them. Maybe try the florists shops around you. They might have a better selection than the grocery and big box stores get.

Bookmark   August 22, 2011 at 7:40PM
inga007(Ont. 6a)

Loved your Isolde Hit. What a bright bloom.
Ivory tower seems aptly named, sorry about the problems.

Bookmark   August 23, 2011 at 9:16AM
seil zone 6b MI

Thanks, Inga!

Bookmark   August 23, 2011 at 9:11PM
canadian_rose(zone 3a)

Wow - I rally like your Iobelle!! Love the colors, the darker rims - everything about it is beautiful!!! And you say it has fragrance? - wow!!!

One of my roses - can't remember which has Ivory Tower as a parent. So it's interesting to see what it looks like. I made tags for all of my roses that say name, breeder, year of hybridization, seed and pollen parents and type of rose. So I like to look at all the info. I wonder if it was Barbra Streisand. Hmmm...just can't remember.

Love your roses!!! Thanks!
Carol

Bookmark   August 27, 2011 at 2:56AM
mantis__oh

Does anyone care to relate experience with Ivory Tower? I understand it can be splendid, but there are some drawbacks.

Bookmark   August 27, 2011 at 5:00PM
seil zone 6b MI

Thanks, Carol! Being a Buck rose, even though it's an HT Iobelle has been very winter hardy for me too!

Mantis, Ivory Tower isn't my most vigorous rose but has been winter hardy, in a pot, for 2 years now. Like I said it will spot and PM. It's a slower repeater too. But the buds and blooms are huge!

Bookmark   August 27, 2011 at 5:25PM
More Discussions
Buddha's Garden
Here's one from my garden. This statue is a favorite...
kublakan
Lady of Shalott
This spring I could not take my eyes off this rose...
iris_gal
Roses "O"
Time for the O's..... ODESSA mini OKLAHOMA OKSANA OLDCASTLE OLD...
bethnorcal9
Roses "Q"
Not many in this one... QUAKER STAR QUEEN NEFERTITI QUEEN...
bethnorcal9
Name that Rose Game! Part 2
Here goes. Thanks Sara for suggesting we keep this...
kublakan
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™