What type to buy and best catalog

peaches20(6 PA)August 20, 2014

Hi All,

I'm new to this list. I have a few knock out roses and would like to get a few more roses other than the typical red,, pink and yellow. I would like to get low maintenance roses and would like a recommendation on what type to buy and a good catalog to buy from.

Thanks,

Nancy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sara_ann-z6bok

Nancy - There are many easy to grow roses to choose from. I am not an expert on very many types, because other than hybrid teas and floribundas I have limited knowledge, but there are many on here who are quite knowledgeable on these different types. There are many hybrid teas and floribundas that are easy to grow and the choices are endless, it's really all a matter of personal preference.

There are many good companies: Regan Nursery, Edmunds Roses, Witherspoon, Rosemania, who all ship healthy roses on Dr. Huey rootstock. Palatine in Canada, who ships roses on multiflora rootstock. There are several very good companies that ship own-root roses: Roses Unlimited, Heirloom, Antique Rose Emporium, Chamblees and others. All those companies have websites. The ones that have catalogs, I'm sure would mail you one if requested.

I hope others who are experts on Old Garden roses, Austins, Buck roses, and others respond to your question.

Bookmark   August 20, 2014 at 6:55PM
Prettypetals_GA_7-8

Hi Nancy! Be warned you are about to become addicted! This is the best and most beautiful hobby. I would suggest you look at lots of post and see what you love and look on the HMF on Gardenweb to research what you see you love. Plus you could post questions on here about varieties you do love to get others opinions from your area. Have fun!! Judy

Bookmark   August 21, 2014 at 11:36PM
bayourose

I second pretty petals! Its a very rewarding hobby and the people on this forum are so helpful and have some of the most amazing roses and gardens. Hello, and welcome, I'm Shannon from Louisiana and I am a newbie addict. :-)

Bookmark   August 22, 2014 at 8:47PM
More Discussions
Photogenic roses
Which roses are consistently giving you gorgeous roses...
rosecanadian
Roses "O"
Time for the O's..... ODESSA mini OKLAHOMA OKSANA OLDCASTLE OLD...
bethnorcal9
Books, Wine and Roses Roseart
I used 6 roses (Mostly Red) on this work where I added...
ron_and_susan
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™