My new purchase from Lowe's

smithstudios71(5)December 9, 2013

Here is my new purchase from the Lowe's in Bluffton, Ind. I already have a Black furtura "Goldedge", but I couldn't resist this one, because of all the pups it had coming out of it. Plus, some of them seemed a little different.

and it was only $5!

Devon

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Stush2049(Pitts., Pa. 6)

Devon,
Those new leaves will darken up with age and light. Also same as for the edges turning to all yellow. Mine does the same thing. Very nice purchase your got.
Stush

Bookmark   December 9, 2013 at 1:08PM
smithstudios71(5)

and here is what it looked like out of the pot.

there were a couple more pups starting that had not broke through yet. Since I am new to the Sansevieria world, what is the usually time frame for growth? Is winter a dormant period for these plants?

Hopefully I can make it over to the Muncie Lowe's, because they have a taller trifasciata that is variegated without the gold edge and it's leaves are not as wide. I am really hoping to stumble across a silver one some time.

Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 2:31PM
brandkb(10b Los Angeles)

Your sans looks healthy and happy! Clearly the Lowe's in your area knows how to take care of their plants. My local Lowe's has a pretty depressing garden section. I've often taken some of the sick sans to the register and asked them for a steep discount and they're usually glad to get rid of them. Sometimes they'll give them to me for free!

I really like the varieties with larger leaves, too. Good purchase!

Bookmark   January 4, 2014 at 9:31PM
SproutingLexi(9b)

I just got the same kind from a Lowes in Texas a couple of weeks ago (I believe it was the same price as well). I wanted something new and green for my indoor space and that was just about the only thing that the particular lowes had not managed to kill off yet. I don't know what had suddenly happened, but all of their plants were looking quite bad. And that wasn't the case in the summer.

Anyway, I'm really hoping that it fares well in my house. My mom used to have a really tall one when I was a kid. I'd love to have one like hers.

Bookmark   January 16, 2014 at 5:29PM
greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a

Good lookin' roots, there.
Winter is a slow time for Sans., but the pups should pop up within a couple months (once the weather warms).

Josh

Bookmark   January 19, 2014 at 4:42PM
More Discussions
sansevieria pups wanted (the TALL variety)
just curious if anyone can send me a sansevieria pup...
jay83
Help
What's wrong with my sansevieria? Can I do anything...
savana3
PLEASE HELP!
Hello, I am new to plant ownership and have been aiming...
lawilson10
Sans2014
new sans
Along with the orchid cactus I picked up this little...
bkempress
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™