Sansevieria trifasciata 'Gold Flame'

plantomaniac08(8)December 14, 2012

Stush gave me this a couple of months ago and it's since pushed out a couple of gold leaves (three in fact). They're not very gold yet, I'm assuming it takes some time for the green to darken and the gold to pop. You can see a light green band going down the center of the largest gold leaf. Just wanted to share, enjoy!

Planto

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
barbmock

Goldflame is one of my favorites. Stush sent me a similar plant recently. I'm not sure if it wil have flames or not, but it's starting some new growth already. We'll have to take some new pictures next year and see how much new growth we have. Thanks again Stush for sharing.

Bookmark   December 15, 2012 at 4:08PM
Stush2049(Pitts., Pa. 6)

Your welcome. I have a window box full and will have to cut more out next year. Also some Bantal Sensation to give out next year. And thanks to all the other generous people here on this site who gave me so much. Why do I got them marked 'Gold Hahnii'?? 1st. sign my mind is going.

Bookmark   December 15, 2012 at 4:20PM
Stush2049(Pitts., Pa. 6)

ok now where did the picture go??

Bookmark   December 15, 2012 at 4:23PM
plantomaniac08(8)

Wow Stush, those are gorgeous!

Planto

Bookmark   December 15, 2012 at 9:57PM
norma_2006

Stush it is a lovely plant, often it will take at least four years to mature undisturbed however. So give it a break let it rest for a couple of years now to get new growth, give away cuttings after they have flowered. It renews its age and becomes young again, I don't know another way to describe it. When you cull out the old growth it restarts and become young. I hope this explanation make sense to all of you. Norma

Bookmark   December 16, 2012 at 1:47AM
Stush2049(Pitts., Pa. 6)

Norma,
It does make sence. That is just what I plan to do. The old groth will continue to produce new pups after I give them away and I need the much needed room for the younger ones that are being overcrowed. Another picture of same window box.

Bookmark   December 16, 2012 at 11:26AM
Stush2049(Pitts., Pa. 6)

Notice the newer leaves coming up are almost all yellow. The other side has mostly just the yellow edges. Also the one in the upper left corner. If it could just stay that way with the yellow strips, wow. Hope so. And again I marked the picture 'Gold Hahnii'. Why, ?? Maybe because I am on the look-out for them. I have a nursery lined up this spring the buy them for only $2.50 each. I think I will order 10 and give 8 away for cost.
Stush

Bookmark   December 16, 2012 at 11:33AM
woodnative(6)

Looks great Stush!! You are lucky to have the light/window space for these. Of course you have to have the light AND be a good grower........and it is obvious you are the latter too!! I need to take some photos of mine to show here too. They are doing good too.....but under lights for the winter! -Chris

Bookmark   December 17, 2012 at 7:39AM
Stush2049(Pitts., Pa. 6)

Chris,
Good to hear from you. Also those plants are the ones in my old 55 gallon fish tank in my living room with just a few lights on top of the thank. 1st. time trying this and so far so good. Sans don't seem to mind the low lights.
Stush

Bookmark   December 17, 2012 at 12:37PM
More Discussions
sansevieria pups wanted (the TALL variety)
just curious if anyone can send me a sansevieria pup...
jay83
HELP!!! My snake plant is dying
Hi I have a big problem with my snake plants. Please...
mrjoss
Photo album (for Sans)
Using the "project" thingie on here, I made...
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL
Hahnii Silver Marginated - rot
I bought Sans. Hahnii Silver Marginated Jan 31, and...
lme5573
Does anyone know what cultivar this is?
Got this for 5 bucks at walmart. Its about 12inches...
tlbean2004
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™