Wisteria and Styrex Japonica

MzMolly65(7)October 1, 2012

Walking through a public garden and couldn't help myself.

The Styrex Japonica littered the ground so I filled my pockets.

The Wisteria .. just one pod hanging there calling to me. I feel guilty now but at the time I just snatched it.

I'm afraid it's not ripe and I snatched too early :-( I don't even know what kind of Wisteria it is. I'll have to go back in the spring and see the flowers. Maybe I'll go back this week and look for other pods that I didn't see. I could be more polite and ask permission from the gardener to gather the seeds when they are ripe instead of being a sneaky snatcher.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Lenised

I bought some Chinese Wisteria seeds online and I have been having the most difficult time getting them to grow! They rot easily. Any suggestions? PLEASE!

This post was edited by Lenised on Mon, Feb 11, 13 at 14:25

Bookmark   February 11, 2013 at 2:24PM
MzMolly65(7)

I'm afraid I'm no help at all when it comes to Wisteria. This is my first time trying them from seed and I haven't planted them yet.

The Styrex japonica have been in the fridge, wrapped in damp towel since late December. When I checked them a few weeks ago some of the seeds had mold on them so I picked those out. The rest still look good.

I was just thinking today I should go buy some starter pots and get all my seeds going.

Bookmark   February 12, 2013 at 12:53AM
Desirai(7B)

Try letting the wisteria pods sit for a long time. Like 3 or 4 weeks. I took some wisteria pods when they were green and I did this, and they still produced viable seeds!

:)

I left mine on a window sill and just made myself forget about them. I had to crack them open with pliers though!! But the seeds germinated within days of me sticking them into some dirt! :)

Bookmark   March 2, 2013 at 12:58AM
More Discussions
Lantana Tangerine
I have a large, thriving shrub of this and I would...
merianna
seeds sprouted in paper towel show mold on paper towel
I saved my zinnia seeds last year and decided to sprout...
kimpa
MN seed saving class at prepper expo
http://www.survivalpreppersexpo.com/classes/gardening/ I...
little_minnie
list of seeds that don't cross pollinate?
does anyone know what seeds do not cross pollinate?...
slm2118
Jackmanii Clematis
I have a Jackmanii clematis out back that has seeds...
uptomyeyeballs
Sponsored Products
Purple Tiffany Wisteria Floor Lamp
ParrotUncle
Moon River Candle
| Dot & Bo
Wisteria Table Lamp
$399.00 | FRONTGATE
Renoir's Red Cedar Arbor
Fifthroom.com
Levelo Outdoor Art
Grandin Road