Ordering by mail?

blutarskiDecember 3, 2007

Is this successful, or not worth the 2day express shipping? I'd really love a smallish snake tongue for my office, and I can't find anything other than birds nest varieties or plants that are already 3-4 feet.

Again, I'd order by mail, but leery of getting a dead plant in the mail

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
woodnative(6)

Ordering by mail works fine....although Spring is probably better. It is too cold over much of the U.S. right now. "Silver Princess" is a dwarfish trifasciata type plant. There are a couple of smallish "spoon leafs". Some of the other species and varieties grow slowly and stay small for a long time, so they may be ok too.
If you have other plants (not necessarily Sansevieria), it may be easy to set up a trade here for some plants. However, once again, Spring is probably a better time.

Bookmark   December 4, 2007 at 11:40AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dufflebag2002(Calif. 91607)

I'll send you one free, Snake Plant, or 'Mothers-in-law tongue what ever you call it, if you are willing to pay for the postage. I have that species. I will put it in a Priority mail package. Do not split plants now if you are not an experienced grower, I certainly agree with that advise. It is not worth the express mail charge, the plant is not worth that much money either. I do not expect a trade. Get a very small young plant and put it in a small pot to keep it that way. Norma
Norma

Bookmark   December 15, 2007 at 2:21AM
More Discussions
sansevieria pups wanted (the TALL variety)
just curious if anyone can send me a sansevieria pup...
jay83
root in water - not working....
re-potted my oldest Sans a few weeks ago, and kind...
djliquidice
HELP!!! My snake plant is dying
Hi I have a big problem with my snake plants. Please...
mrjoss
Sans2014
snake plant keeps dying
Greetings, my snake plant that I keep in a room (temperature...
cicak
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™