Just recieved some canna seeds

cmoejr(KY Zone 6)October 16, 2006

I ordered some seeds last week on-line from a company called Trade Winds Fruit. I just recieved these seeds today. When I ordered them I just ordered 1 of seven different types. No where on the site could I find how many seeds were in a pack. I took a chance figuring that I would recieve just one seed (2 at the most) of each, but what the heck. I was impressed when I got them. 1 pack had 8 seeds, 1 pack had 20 seeds and the other packs all had 10 seeds. Each pack that you order is only a $1.25 and $.25 postage for each pack. I think its a good deal.

Heres the link http://www.tradewindsfruit.com/

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cmoejr(KY Zone 6)

I nicked some of these seeds and then soaked them for 2 days. There were two of them that started sprouting little nubs on them. I now have them planted in little 3 inch pots under some lights. We'll just wait and see what they do.

Bookmark   October 20, 2006 at 7:44AM
dkotchey(z5)

Hi cmoerjr,

I sowed canna seeds last year and had great luck. One of them did rot after I planted it into a 3 inch pot because I had watered it too much. Otherwise they did good. They were small this year but one did bloom. I think I should have started them earlier. So you were smart to do so.

Thanks for the website. I ordered dwarf cannas and asparagus fern seeds. :)

Bookmark   October 31, 2006 at 8:03AM
cmoejr(KY Zone 6)

dkotchey, I have never grown any canna from seed so when I ordered them I thought that I would try to get some going just to see how hard they were going to be. I soaked 2 of each type that I ordered that makes 14 seeds. All 14 germinated last week. Now I have 14 canna plants in 3" pots that I either have to try to keep until May, or put them to rest and start them around Feb. I still have plenty of seeds. I don't know how long they would live if I let them get root bound and try to keep them small!

Bookmark   October 31, 2006 at 11:40AM
More Discussions
Tomatillo Seed Saving
I would appreciate any help re: how to save Tomatillo...
bluelytes
New at this....How do I harvest parsley seeds
I have a healthy flat leaf parsley plant in my herb...
realtorrose
Wanted: Paulownia seeds
Topic title says it all. I do have a lot of stuff to...
rozenkruetz
How are most of you taking cuttings?
I am trying to take cuttings of some of the plants...
barb_roselover_in
Bugs in seeds -) will freezing work?
Apparently a batch of small flying insects - rather...
suecirish
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™