Thursday's Beauties

kentucky_roseAugust 28, 2014

Here's Thursday's beauties. It takes a lot of time to cut these because I try to seal the canes.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kentucky_rose

Prettypetals, this is the finished product and yes lots of pictures!

Bookmark   August 28, 2014 at 4:51PM
Prettypetals_GA_7-8

Girl you've got some pretties right there. Do you sell them or just share with everybody? I'm quite selfish with mine but I do make bouquets for my mommy, sister and for our business. I keep my favorites usually for me though!! Heehee!!!

Bookmark   August 28, 2014 at 5:29PM
sara_ann-z6bok

Kentucky_rose - Your roses are unbelievably gorgeous, I am in awe! I enjoy cutting roses and you have been an inspiration to me this week, I want to take better care of them after I cut them. How many roses do you have?

Bookmark   August 28, 2014 at 5:29PM
kentucky_rose

Sara and Pretty petals, I'm glad you enjoyed them, too. I have 116 rose bushes, 60+ HT's, 30+ mini/floras, few grandifloras and floribundas, and 3 Heritage. The Ale8 bottles will go to Donut Days for my friends. I did keep a few favorites for me, Let Freedom Ring, 3 Dona Martin, Blue Girl, Welcome Home, Louise Estes, and Falling in Love.

Bookmark   August 28, 2014 at 6:54PM
felco8

gorgeous:)

Bookmark   August 29, 2014 at 8:18AM
lesmc

Those are such beautiful blooms. I am in Louisville and it has been so hot here that my blooms have fried. Plus, this hot weather has just about shut down the blooms. I would love to know your secret!!!! You have certainly grown some beautiful roses.I can almost smell that sweet rose scent. Thank you for sharing these beauties. Lesley

Bookmark   August 29, 2014 at 10:00PM
brittie(Houston 9a)

That. Is. Crazy!!! I'm in awe here, seriously. You have a really beautiful collection there.

Bookmark   August 30, 2014 at 9:41AM
Prettypetals_GA_7-8

That's so nice of you to share!! Love them!! Has anyone at the donut shop taken up growing roses thanks to you? Judy

Bookmark   August 30, 2014 at 9:55PM
kentucky_rose

Thanks everyone! Lesley, Louisville is usually about 4-5 degrees hotter and that can make a big difference. We have had lots of rain, too. I have had some blooms to fry and fade this week. As the temps go up, bloom size shrinks and can be very noticeable each day. My stems are skinny. I ran out of Response and used Monty's Joy Juice in my spray the last 2 times. My leaves are looking healthier. I had BS really bad from July to mid Aug.
Prettypetals, people do ask me rose questions at Donut Days, usually about pruning.

Bookmark   August 30, 2014 at 10:50PM
paul_zone5ct(5)

Stunning arrangements.

Bookmark   August 31, 2014 at 5:46PM
More Discussions
Mini thank you
I've spent the last few days going through your 167...
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
Wheee!! February roses for Las Vegas
the roses that went in late spring last year are now...
lorrihz
A girl and her roses!! Lol
A bunch of roses I cut this morning!! Enjoy!!
Prettypetals_GA_7-8
Roses "O"
Time for the O's..... ODESSA mini OKLAHOMA OKSANA OLDCASTLE OLD...
bethnorcal9
Summer roses in South Africa
So I thought that while some of you are still eagerly...
liezelgil
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™