Best ways to organize....

sondra_tn(South East TN (6/7))November 15, 2005

seeds and instructions? On hand and on pc?

I am a newbie to saving & receiving seeds...so any kind of time saving ideas would be greatfully appreciated! :))

Thank you,

Sondra

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
garden_witch(z6a MI)

I'm still trying to figure that out =)
I have packets in photo boxes, divided into veggies, annuals, and perennials, arranged by family. I have bulk seeds in jars of all sizes! (I've got a gallon jar FULL of trumpet vine seeds, anyone need some??)
as for records, well... I do have most of my '04 seeds listed in a note book, needs to be updated. I also have most of my fresh seeds cataloged, but its all just chicken scratchings at the moment =) My traded-for seeds are in a manilla envelope marked "seeds to be filed." Its positively bulging!
I really need to find a system and stick to it!

Bookmark   November 19, 2005 at 9:56AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
webkat5(Z6a MO)

Don't know if this would work for others, but....I have begun to organize mine by germination requirements (length of time mostly).
Or if they can be direct sown in the Spring...I have a bag with those. Then there are the "to be Winter Sown"...have a bag of those, too.
This way I don't have to go hunting down all the seeds I want to sow at the same times...they are all in the same bags. I usually include a list of what is in each bag so I can check it off as I sow it.
I also have a seed list spread sheet that lists all of them with their individual requirements.

Bookmark   November 19, 2005 at 4:44PM
More Discussions
Need help on keeping seeds True
If I want to collect Petunia seeds to grow the following...
longknife
New at this....How do I harvest parsley seeds
I have a healthy flat leaf parsley plant in my herb...
realtorrose
Jackmanii Clematis
I have a Jackmanii clematis out back that has seeds...
uptomyeyeballs
Lantana Tangerine
I have a large, thriving shrub of this and I would...
merianna
When to expect sunflowers to form seeds?
When can I expect my sunflowers to form seeds? I was...
invisigoth
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™