where are Seeds for Celosia Dark Caracas

linda021025(6B)November 8, 2007

I think it's a celosia spicata, with upright flower spikes. Very very pretty plant It was sold as a potted annual this year in Massachusetts  I have the plant tag which just says Celosia "Black Caracas". I canÂt find any date online other than a few pictures of what it does look like.

Checked the seed site  they referenced black oval seeds for celosia spicata but I am seeing nothing like that with my plant. I am seeing tiny beige, light brown ÂflecsÂ, a little bit thicker than hair width but IÂm not sure if they are seeds.

Anyone have an idea? I would LOVE to collect them if i can?

Here is a link that might be useful:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)

My how pretty! I sure hope you can get seeds from it.

Possibly they have not matured yet, though I would have thought that they would have. I would think they would be small black 'hard' seeds. Have the flower heads started to fade? Have you torn them all apart to the core of the bloom?

If you find them, I'd love some if you have any to trade. My list is in awful need of updating though.

Sue

Bookmark   November 18, 2007 at 12:29AM
linda021025(6B)

Nah, flower heads were faded when I took them off, and while I expect to have lost some seeds because the heads were on for a while, I am still thinking that there had to be...some... seeds.... there. Maybe they are sterile. I dunno. No black seeds tho. And since I'm not normally a fan of celosias, these are the first that I've grown so I have nothing to compare to.

I may take some of the 'flecs' that I think are seeds and see if they will germinate. If so, I will keep you in mind!

Bookmark   November 18, 2007 at 10:59PM
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)

Thanks!

Have you maybe asked about the seed over at Winter Sowing. There are a bunch of seed addicts over there, and maybe someone has grown it b4 from seed.

I sure hope it works out for you....(and me). I'm sure I could find something of interest for you.

Sue

Bookmark   November 19, 2007 at 2:30AM
More Discussions
Tomatillo Seed Saving
I would appreciate any help re: how to save Tomatillo...
bluelytes
Extra Ghost Pepper Seeds
I have around 50 extra seeds to trade with. I know...
T S
Bugs in seeds -) will freezing work?
Apparently a batch of small flying insects - rather...
suecirish
confederate rose
Can anyone tell me when and how to get the seeds from...
rabbit8
any seed savers in z7/8 Southeast?
I already posted the following to the vegetable forum,...
cousinfloyd
Sponsored Products
Octavia Bookcase
$2,499.00 | Horchow
Garden Girl Pruning Sheers - TSE05
$17.99 | Hayneedle
Outdoor Lighting. Monterey Collection Wall-Mount 3-Light Outdoor Matte Black Lig
$98.00 | Home Depot
Large St Charles Pend
Lightology
Galeana 3 Light Chandelier by Uttermost
$327.80 | Lumens
Outdoor Lighting. Seville Collection Wall-Mount 2-Light Outdoor Black Coral Ligh
Home Depot
St Charles Pendant
Lightology
Minka Camden Square 17 1/4" Wide Charcoal Bath Light
Lamps Plus
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™