Window Sill Garden

lexie1397March 20, 2006

Hello All!!

I am brand new to this forum, so if information has already been given on any of my questions please direct me to the right place!

I'm looking to replace my decorative houseplants with something a little more functional/edible. I'm in a small apartment and only have a little bit of window sill space so I can only really get about an 8" pot (10" if it balances right!) on the sill.

I currently have a small rosemary plant, some peppermint if I can revive it, and I've popped some onion sets in a pot but they were a bit soft when they were given to me so I'm not really holding out much hope. I've thought about doing salad greens in one of those long planter boxes, but don't really know when/how/how dense to plant.

Anyone have any ideas... there has to be *something* edible I can plant!! :-)

Thanks!

Lexie

PS. I apologize if this sounds familiar, I had a similar post that got deleted for some reason. Hopefully this one will stick around a bit longer.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lexie1397

Oh my goodness, I'm so silly!

Just as I posted this I noticed my previous post just a few lines down. I scoured the list right before I posted and couldn't find it!!

I'm so sorry. Feel free to post on whichever you choose, I will read both (or whichever one takes off!)

So SO sorry...
Lexie

Bookmark   March 20, 2006 at 3:47PM
More Discussions
New to Gardening, Need Advice
This will be my very first attempt at growing herbs,...
zaatarah
Flat Roof garden
I'm putting my garden on the roof of a concrete block...
kaktus_jak
New urban garden
We moved into a new house last summer, and I'm working...
javakaty
Can I train pumpkin vines up a trellis or fence?
Hi all! Newbie here, so I apologize for any posting...
gingerkitty
Sources for milkweed around Brooklyn or Staten Island NY?
Hello, Know of any sources for milkweed - the usual...
ash1970_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™