shopping source

roshani(5b)April 13, 2006

Hi

I am new to gardening and have a city shade garden. Whats the best place to buy shade-loving plants? I find the websites have much more variety than Home Depot and local nurseries, but dont know if I can trust the internet plants to grow once they get here!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
laceyvail(6A, WV)

You can check internet nurseries at garden watchdog. Reputable nurseries that I use include Bluestone, Roslyn Nursery, Fairweather gardens, Rare Find Nursery, Seneca Hills Perennials, Sunlight Gardens, Prairie Nursery, High Country Gardens. BTW, it's probably too late to order for this spring from many nurseries.

Bookmark   April 15, 2006 at 7:11AM
roshani(5b)

Thank you so much for that info. I'll check garden watchdog. So far I have used Michigan bulb and Springhill nursery with mixed results.

Bookmark   April 17, 2006 at 4:31PM
laceyvail(6A, WV)

roshani, Michigan bulb and Springhill are probably two of the worst mail order nurseries in America. You will find a HUGE difference between them and the ones I mentioned in every way imaginable, including price in some cases. Several I mentioned send large plants, and the cost of the plants and shipping is considerable, but really worth it.

Bookmark   April 22, 2006 at 7:29AM
More Discussions
Carmelia Stem Dying Back
My camelia is dying back. Stem became woody and dry...
WTWO
pinch-hitting for arum italicum?
Hello! My recently inherited shade garden has a bed...
nonconformist_nymphette
Dividing some shade plants
Hi all! I have several out of control giant epimedium...
CEFreeman
Alternative for Drift Roses?
I love drift roses, which are essentially dwarf, bushy...
trclac
what plant is this?
hi can anyone tell me what plant this is? thanks
Helen Percival
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™