what is my easter lilly doing?

RobinLynn42March 17, 2014

I rescued this Easter lilly last year when a co worker was going to throw it away after its blooms fell off. Through the winter I just kept it watered hoping I'd be able to plant it outside in spring as other websites have indicated it won't bloom a second time indoors.
Over the last six weeks its really gone a little crazy on me and I'm just not sure what is best for it from here.
-Its grown about 6-8 inches in a month and a half. I just placed a stick in the pot to guide it and it was about 4inches shorter than the stick when I places it.
-It had a "baby", literaly not there a month ago and now its 6-8 inches tall
-It has grassy like growth in the soil that matches the leaves of the mother plant but not as stalky.
-Little buds have popped out in about half a dozen places on the stalk where leaves use to be.

As I said I had planned on finding a spot outside and seeing what happens when the weather warms a bit but its had do much activity recently I'm just not sure what to do with it.

Any help/ suggestions/ advice or info?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
RobinLynn42

Here is another photo

Bookmark   March 17, 2014 at 9:17AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lynngun

I believe that you will get more help if you post this in another form. This form is not for that sort of thing and so people here are not as likely to know. I suggest that you repost this on the houseplant form.

Bookmark   June 2, 2014 at 10:23AM
More Discussions
Watering wands
Hi folks, I'm hoping someone can recommend or direct...
ging
Outsidepride.com?
Has anyone ordered from this place? They specialize...
RHay
pineapple buds or babies
we took the little buds off the plants in costa rica...
poolman4
OnlinePlantNursery
My experience with an "onlineplantnursery": Below...
EWeeZee
Noir de Bourgogne currant
Does anyone know where I can get Noir de Bourgogne...
deansfba
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™