just sharing a pic of my new torenia basket

eviestevie(8a Central TX)May 20, 2005

i am loving my new torenia "summer wave blue" for my front porch. how nice it was to find a lovely flowering plant for a shaded area! anyhow, just wanted to share the pic :)

Here is a link that might be useful:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
linrose(6b KY)

That's a lovely basket. I just put Summer Wave Blue and Catalina pink torenia in pots with Glacier ivy, Polka Dot Plant and white impatiens for my front porch. How much sun does yours get? So far I have lots of green growth but not many blooms. I'm wondering if they are in too much shade or are just stretching out before putting on a show.

Bookmark   May 20, 2005 at 5:18PM
diggerdee zone 6 CT

This is such a pretty plant! I tried some one year and it didn't do too well - although it may have something to do with the fact that I kept forgetting to water the pot, lol! After seeing your lovely picture, I think I may just have to give this one another try!

:)
Dee

Bookmark   May 25, 2005 at 10:31PM
Molineux(6b)

I've never tried this trailing annual but it is definately on my list to keep my eye out for. I've read that it does well in part shade. The front of my house faces north. I want to try this beauty in window boxes. When I do I'll let you know how it does.

Thanks for posting the lovely image.

Bookmark   May 26, 2005 at 6:58PM
eviestevie(8a Central TX)

linrose, my torenia gets maybe some late afternoon sun on one side and that's about it.

now that it's getting warmer, i'm also finding i have to water every other day or it wilts, but at least this is one of the plants that lets you know what it wants!

Bookmark   May 27, 2005 at 12:15AM
redbazel(8 (I think!))

What a pretty basket with the torenia. I plan to try some in my box on the fence under the honey locust. I kept thinking that partial sun would be enough for the other flowers, but once that tree is leafed out, there is mostly shade.

Red

Bookmark   March 4, 2007 at 8:08PM
ma_mom23

I tried Torenia out for the first time last year and they did great. I had about 4 of them up along the top of a retaining wall that we have at the front of our house. My yard is really shaded.

Bookmark   March 14, 2007 at 11:04AM
More Discussions
Starting a shade garden in central Maryland
I have started to read the forum regularly, so I thought...
LaVidaMd
Mystery Plant
I am looking to identify this plant. It has filled...
GardenMomma11
North side of the house
Hello I am about to built a house which would have...
saoodhashim
Can anyone tell me what this shade loving plant is?
A very close family member gave me a cutting to this...
stickstring (Northern California 8b)
pinch-hitting for arum italicum?
Hello! My recently inherited shade garden has a bed...
nonconformist_nymphette
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™